My Open MTB

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rmerka

by rmerka

limba wrote:I just did my first ride on XX1 tonight. LOVED IT! I have a 38 ring on my Salsa. What is the biggest ring that would fit your frame? Just curious.

Here's a shot of the ring in relation to the stay. I measured 5mm from where the 32 tooth sits to the chain stay. I'd say that a 34 would fit easily, a 36 maybe, and a 38 probably not. I only have the 32 so it's hard to be certain of any of the three larger rings. 32 feels pretty good to me although after a few rides I don't think I'd go smaller unless I was riding some steeper hills. After some time I'll probably try a 34. I really like the XX1 too. Super nice stuff.

limba

by limba

Thanks for the info. Enjoy the ride.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

leugene

by leugene

Bah... Sock with flip-flops! :D

rmerka

by rmerka

Hehe, it's better than looking at my ugly feet :wink:

michel2

by michel2

looks lovely but its got me 'buggerd' how that ends up weighting as much as it does...

what the point of spending as much as you did and end up with a ride that heavy..
i would like to point you to the drawing board and try again, but that would be rude (-: i really think she looks lovely, but please cut that steerer tube, there is no need to have a handle bar as high as your saddle, than get some esi chuncky's and a lighter saddle, while your chucking bits in the bin i would like to place the tires and pedals there swell ! this frame/fork/groupset should be near 9 kilo's not around 10 specially considering the size of the frame !

have fun and enjoy your new ride, she is very pretty !

Jrock831

by Jrock831

Looks fantastic. I just picked up a open O-1.0 frame. what bottom bracket did you use to properly get the crank to fit.
2004 trek carbon 9.8
2013 giant talon 29er
2001 mongoose XR-500

rmerka

by rmerka

Thanks Jrock831, I used a Rotor pressfit 4624 MTB BB with GXP bearings pressed into to cups in order to fit SRAM crank without any adapters. There's one 2.5 mm spacer on the drive side.