Anders CAAD10 for the 2013 season (Di2 installation)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Anders

by Anders

Ltoddokc wrote:Anders, can you give us an update on the Di2? Are you still convinced it's the way to go over Sram of mech Shimano?

Yes my impressions haven't changed a bit. I'm starting to get used to the placement of the buttons and shifting becomes easier and easier that way. I'm going to upgrade the firmware to multishift later this week when the package with my internal battery and charger arrives. I'm sure I will like it even more afterwards.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Anders

by Anders

The "thing" is gone. That saved 62g. It's now at 6,86kg. Interesting to see if I can save 60g with the I-links I'm waiting to install.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Looks really great, Anders - especially with the black pedalarms ;-)

I think a UD carbon seatpost would look better than the 3k weave you got!

Anders

by Anders

Thanks Mads. If you need some silver ones just let me know :-)

I want a light aluminium seatpost to match my stem in the same matte finish. Thought about the NU, but that slimmer section looks wrong on a road bike.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

How about an Extralite The Post UL seatpost? don't know if it's possible to remove the logos though.

Anders

by Anders

Don't like the bronze clamps, had itnmany years ago The new Ultrapost is nice but only comes in 31.6. I need a 27.2.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

can't you just use the black clamps from the New Ultimate? also probably lighter.

by 573

This look amazing on the SLRs.

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

Anders, I wonder if you could help me out. I'm trying to use the very clean frame drilling idea that you had but before I start I need to know if there is any way to run the wiring internally through the bb shell but use a shimano crankset? Right now i have the cannondale adapter in there that reduces the bb to regular threads. If i remove that and use bb30 bearings with a wheels mfg. adapter, will that work? Ive heard better things about the praxis adapter but from looking at pics i know if it would work for my application. Sorry for all the questions, I just haven't actually seen the bb shell without the adapter that the lbs installed for me. Thanks anyone for any help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Anders

by Anders

The wires doesn't require more than 2-3mm of clearence between the frame and the sleve of the adaptor. So it depends on what the outer diameter of the adaptor you are going to use is. The frame is 42mm so aim at a sleve that is less than 36mm. The Praxis won't work.

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

Thanks. Does anyone have any suggestions for an adapter that would work?

Anders

by Anders

I installed the Alligator I-links saving 40g. Now it is a 6.82kg.

53x12

by 53x12

Anders, any update on the bike. Have you finally done the internal battery upgrade? Btw, you did a great job with the build. What is the final weight?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Anders

by Anders

Transfered the GSLs to my wifes bike as I got a good deal on these nice ones. The finish and machining is impressive. It added 40g to the bike, but I'm expecting a nice increase in stopping power.

Only thing I miss now is a straight 27.2 Enve seatpost. Very hard to find at a resonable price.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Love the brakes.....I switched out my PX and ZG brakes in search of better braking. Give us a review of the TRPs when you get some miles on them. What was the weight? I am on Force brakes until I find something worth switching to at a reasonable price. I would love some EEs, but out of the price range at the moment.