Ride Blue

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ripper

by Ripper

I used to ride a Blue. They are great and I had no issues either! Goodluck

djconnel

by djconnel

Their aero mass-start frame tested very well in the wind tunnel in a VeloNews test. As was mentioned, it was very much not open-source molds.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shotgun

by shotgun

Pulled the trigger on a Blue 2 weeks ago.

Did a TTT with the team and a duathlon during the past 2 weekends. I like the geometry, the design and the price.
2018 Giant TCR Advance SL0 Disc
2017 Festka Scalatore
1989 Battaglin Roche
1985 Alan Carbonio

djconnel

by djconnel

Very cool! They still doing the free tunnel time deal? In any case Blue seems to have done a solid job on their aero mass start frame according to Velonews tests, do this one us likely good as well.

BlueCreative

by BlueCreative

djconnel wrote:Very cool! They still doing the free tunnel time deal? In any case Blue seems to have done a solid job on their aero mass start frame according to Velonews tests, do this one us likely good as well.

We (Blue) still have the wind tunnel offer. Details are simple - purchase any complete built Triad SL or Triad EX, or just the Triad SL frameset, complete and send us the warranty card, then we will send a certificate for a free hour of time with the A2 Wind Tunnel in Charlotte, NC. The offer is good to original, purchasing owners, and we must receive the actual warranty card. Online warranty registration does not entitle a Triad owner to a wind tunnel certificate (due to our agreement with A2).

If anyone has questions, give me a shout:
Chris Griggs
Creative Manager
Blue Competition Cycles
800-470-2606

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I would love a Norcross frame, but mostly because I grew up not far from Norcross.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

The Axino SL is a pretty damn nice frame set...

I'm finishing up miles right now on one ahead of an article and that bike goes toe to toe with a lot of the performance oriented (leaning more toward stiff than comfort / touring ) bikes from a lot of top brands.

I'm not posting a full tilt, but this isn't an open mold rebadge by a stretch. Very good feel / feedback, very good power transfer and and nice ballance and handling at speed...

I'm not surprised to hear folks get it wrong about the frames origin as the brands been underexposed, but they've got solid tt, a damn nice aero road and are developing the line quite a bit...

The top guy for many years at the A2 wind tunnel has developed product and worked with a load of the top companies in the sport and he's now at BLUE as their product guy.

This company has been developing nicely for a few years, has solid models now and has some neat stuff in the que...
Last edited by CharlesM on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ldamelio

by ldamelio

I stand corrected re the open source mold comment. Re-reading my comments a few months after originally posting, and I was a little hard on Blue.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Very nice CharlesM. I like the shape of that frame and the Gulf paint scheme.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

CharlesM

by CharlesM

There are actually some little details in the tube shapes that dont show in that shot too. They will in the review.

This was a fun paint set up to tip the cap to the Le Mans Ford GT40...

KWalker

by KWalker

I've been told there has been a lot of stocking issues, in particular with the larger sizes having been unavailable to both team riders and dealers for some number of months.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

CharlesM

by CharlesM

I was at Blue a few weeks ago and they definitly got more popular than they planned...

They were basically pre-sold at the start of the year and the expansion stock they ordrered for "on hand" growth got chewed up with a pretty big international demand that just came out of left field.

"Issues" is true enough but it's the good kind of issue for them in the case they're doing bigger manufacturing runs (and they are) and making adjustments to fill current and grow more. 2012 was a dang good year for Blue.

KWalker

by KWalker

I'd say its a bad issue if team sponsored riders can't even get a bike though and it was bad enough for a local LBS to completely drop the brand because they couldn't get frame sizes people actually wanted in stock.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

Any News on availability of the new AC1 SL frames? I want to get 1 on order with my LBS but they are waiting for word from the rep on a timeline.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BlueCreative

by BlueCreative

wpccrunner wrote:Any News on availability of the new AC1 SL frames? I want to get 1 on order with my LBS but they are waiting for word from the rep on a timeline.

Current time window is Sept-Oct for 2014 AC1 SL framesets