Pictures of Colnagos

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

nayr497

by nayr497

a.davis - what tape is that on the orange Colnago? Fizik soft touch or is that the Deda Traforato?

Looks good! Sometimes I like to set up my classic Italian steel bikes with a "classic look," meaning black tires and a saddle like a Regal or a Rolls. This weekend I decided to mix things up and put some white tires and an SLR on my Tommasini. Keeps things fun and exciting and I can always swap back whenever I want.

I love the look of Regals but I've never gotten mine to feel quite right. Too wide across the nose for me, I think. I do love older Flites though, those disappear beneath me when I perch atop them.

And nice hanging job! I might have to try to rig up something similar.
A good day becomes a better day with a bicycle ride.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

Two Sisters

DSC00512.jpg por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

So a.davis, which one of those do you take out when it's raining? ;)

cerro

by cerro

SalsaLover: Beautiful, love that paint on C50.

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

Ok, now I have some saddle time on the Master, on the flats and hills I can tell you about my impressions with it.

Both C-50 and Master are setup identically and are riden on the same kind of wheels ( handbuilts Open Pro on Campagnolo hubs and DR Revo/Comp Spokes )

The previous steel bikes I have ridden, were comfortable, soft and heavy. With a springy/spongy/soft feel. Well, this is no soft and comfy touring bike, this is a full blown racing machine and it shows !

The rear still feels springy but not spongy, and the springiness seems to be tuned on a higher resonance frequency, and even though you feel more the road, it doesn't tire you like an aluminum frame would do.
The front is not soft at all, this fork is stiff, I guess that is why it is so heavy and has those thick straight legs. I have read that quill stems tend to be softer compared to ahead ones, but not in my setup the stiffness on the front end is considerable.

The bike is a good 2.5Kgs heavier than the C-50, so going uphill you can feel the weight difference, and also the C-50 is generally more agile and nimble. but rolling on the flats it is stable and seems to roll effortlessly, it does conserve its momentum better than the C-50.

The C-50 though, being full Carbon with Carbon handlebars, soaks better the road feel, bumps, road imperfections etc are felt more directly on the Master.
Hucken The Fard Up !

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

It's raining cats and dogs today so I had to do the pic inside....

Period correct Aero wheels ?
DSC00537.jpg por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
Last edited by SalsaLover on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hucken The Fard Up !

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@a.davis... such a nice Colnago collection. I especially like the Motleni for its uniqueness. A quill stem like @SalsaLover's AD10 Master would be really nice on this frame. I would like to find one in my size some day. I have enough older silver Record stuff lying around just waiting for an appropriate frame to put it on. This would be it.

Love this thread
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

c50jim

by c50jim

SalsaLover, I appreciate your comments on the Master compared to the C50. I bought a Master a couple of years ago to use as my winter bike. I had some shifting problems with it last winter and couldn't get to my LBS so used my EP. Decided I prefer carbon all the time so sold the Master and am limiting myself to carbon except for one old Mapei Dream that's sitting on the trainer.

Some day if I can figure out how to post pictures that aren't tiny, I'll put up some pics of my collection (I think there's nine around the house now and my older son has two as well).

Bely

by Bely

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373149999.322297.jpg
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

pictures from roadbikereview, Mulowe there already got one !

AD11-008 por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
AD11-009 por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
AD11-004 por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
AD11-003 por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
AD11-001 por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
Last edited by SalsaLover on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hucken The Fard Up !

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

detailed pics
ImageAD11-005ImageAD11-006ImageAD11-007 por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
Hucken The Fard Up !

a.davis12

by a.davis12

^^^^^^ don't make me order another one.

nayr497 wrote:a.davis - what tape is that on the orange Colnago? Fizik soft touch or is that the Deda Traforato?

And nice hanging job! I might have to try to rig up something similar.

tape is just the standard fizik perforated whatever it was. microtex? had a couple of rolls sitting aorund so put them on the molteni and the eps(my old white zipp tape was dirty within 5 minutes, working in a bike shop is not good for white tape). the hanging sytem is awesome, the slats are about $20AUD per 1200mm and the fittings are about $10 each, everythings movable and if you put them up properly theyre solid as (the rack not in this pictures is hanging about 40 kg of bike without any problems)

Zakalwe wrote:So a.davis, which one of those do you take out when it's raining? ;)

is it bad if i say that my c59/eps are my wet weather bikes? :p
masters are for sunny days

Calnago wrote:@a.davis... such a nice Colnago collection. I especially like the Motleni for its uniqueness. A quill stem like @SalsaLover's AD10 Master would be really nice on this frame. I would like to find one in my size some day. I have enough older silver Record stuff lying around just waiting for an appropriate frame to put it on. This would be it.

Love this thread

thanks! the molteni was something i had always wanted. i agree a quill stem would look nicer, but i hate them with a passion. threadless is just better.

Bely

by Bely

Damn it... Looks like i got to start persuading the wife to allow me to swap bikes for the new season!
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

a.davis12 wrote:^^^^^^ don't make me order another one.

too late for me :P mine is on its way to be ordered....
Hucken The Fard Up !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

a.davis12

by a.davis12

SalsaLover wrote:
a.davis12 wrote:^^^^^^ don't make me order another one.

too late for me :P mine is on its way to be ordered....

mechanical or electric?

or both???
^hint hint hint wink wink wink