"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KWalker

by KWalker

AGW wrote:Wow, so since Sky's tactics are boring to watch, I'm an idiot without any appreciation for or knowledge about the science of sport and the work it takes to for them to bring the heat. Mea culpa KWalker (et al)... :roll:

Well either its boring and riders try to maximize what's legal, or its dope riddled and everyone is a cheater. Define an optimal performance that is outside of these parameters that isn't the result of a lack of form/presence from favorites in a GT.

I'm not saying Sky are 100% clean. I am saying that they spend their money right. We now know that during the US Postal era there was Lance, then 3-4 of his close lieutenants, and then everyone else and many people couldn't even get basic equipment. At Sky even neo-pros have multiple training, race, and TT bikes, are taken to 3-4 team camps per year, slotted right into key races to develop, and have every single aspect of their lives looked after. I don't think the structure of US Postal was close to that good for all but Lance and his chosen cronies that year. I'm simply unaware of another team that has all the details handled that well. Most teams don't have a coach for every 5 riders, don't really spend the entire year building a team for a race, and don't (to my knowledge of who is listed as coaching/training staff), have the training expertise that Sky has from other disciplines.

If anyone can find a single team that has had all of these things controlled to such a fine degree then please go ahead and correct me. I know Orica is trying a similar approach, but I can't think of a single one that comes close. Shit, BMC pays their riders an assload and they can't even figure out how to protect their leader. This doesn't explain the abnormally high w/kg from Froome and Porte, but can contribute to how they manage to figure out how to dissect and dismantle every single stage race they target. FWIW, Froome's numbers, even by Science of Sport's standards, border on "clean".

Does anyone have details of how long the other stages to AX-3 were? Where they came in their respective Tour's? I'll be more convinced if Froome is tossing these number's out in week 2 and 3 especially on the Huez stage than fresh with almost no crashes on the first summit stage.

I will say this though- if Sky is enhancing, whatever it is they are using is definitely something that there is no test for, no one else is using, and probably isn't widely out on the open market yet. Probably is still somehow legal through a loophole, like when prohormones weren't band and were rampant in amateur and professional sports in the US.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hansonator69

by hansonator69

2014 Speed Concept. Another photo here.
Slam your stem.

Liggero

by Liggero

Jalabert testes positive for epo a couple days ago... froome current doping can't be detected, or, there are interests against it being detected. Tour 2013 real resulta will be available around 2020. Not before.

I understand why german TV gave up in pro cycling and Le tour is not broadcasted anymore in Germany. This is worse than a circus.
Happy Trails !!!

KWalker

by KWalker

Then don't watch it and bitch about it on an internet forum. If you think the Tour is dirty than do you think any other races are clean?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Liggero

by Liggero

They can watch it at eurosport, but public tv does not expwnd public money on such a farse.

I watch it too and i will watch it tomorrow. But i'm aware of what a farse it is. I watch it with my father and he doesn't want to seethe truth... too old to be able to scape from the matrix i guess.
Happy Trails !!!

jsinclair

by jsinclair

Are you on crack?

Liggero

by Liggero

No, i'm naturally enlighted. I dont belong to the average joe, unfortunately.

I think a doping thread or doping section should be added to this forum. A cycling forum without a doping section is absolutely wrong. There is no pro cycling without doping.
Happy Trails !!!

Liggero

by Liggero

Also, canary islands frequent visits sounds to me like the best doping headquarters ever. So muh better than lance in girona. Police surveillance and airport security there for private planes must be quite a joke. And this comes from a spanish...
Happy Trails !!!

Ahillock

by Ahillock

Hey now sinclair. Best delete/edit the comment as you don't want to have the admin involved and have to lay down the law. We can all discuss this like adults without name calling and other petty comments. Keep is straight or don't respond at all.

Clubagreenie

by Clubagreenie

I find it "un-natural" for Ritchie Porte to pull for a good deal of time then accelerate up past into second with a smile on his face .... Froome .. well great climber , looks like a prey mantis on his bike and awkward , big effort !!!... clean ? Na you would have to be naïve to think that .
Team Sky is very similar to Postal in a lot of ways ... maybe they have a good Dr. too
2012 KUOTA KOM Team Edition Campag SR11 .....My mistress
2012 RIDLEY HELIUM being built up ....

hansonator69

by hansonator69

Slam your stem.

Ahillock

by Ahillock

Clubagreenie wrote:maybe they have a good Dr. too

They did for some time, Dr. Geert Leinders, until they were eventually publicly forced to cut ties. Search Leinders online and you will learn more about his colorful past history.

Clubagreenie

by Clubagreenie

hansonator69 wrote:@Clubagreenie: http://www.teamsky.com.au/profile/0,272 ... 40,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He may be the poster boy , however there will be a Dr Ferrari somewhere in their closet

Clubagreenie

by Clubagreenie

Ahillock wrote:
Clubagreenie wrote:maybe they have a good Dr. too

They did for some time, Dr. Geert Leinders, until they were eventually publicly forced to cut ties. Search Leinders online and you will learn more about his colorful past history.

Yeah I am very familiar with the good doctor and his ummmmm bedside manner bwhahaha

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

Sky clean by current reg's...probably. I am wholly ignorant to pharmaceuticals and associated PEDs however I am sure that this sector has moved on since Festina / US Postal and any associated 'juice' is administered and held in a more complex way than viles rattling in a Thermos or next to the mayo in a Girona fridge.

God I would love to know the truth! I watch cycling now as much as I can, presume the worst but hope for the best but I'm under no illusion as to the type of news that I'll read one day on individuals across the teams. I watch the Tour, Vuelta etc to see things like yesterday but wish we could be confident that they weren't fuelled by something other than hard work and sacrifice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com