Giant proto, any link?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bobalou

by bobalou

LAN wrote:Hello

I just saw the post of the Giant showbike, and the bike had some very interesting parts on it.

Do anyone know if the Tune Skyline cable housing is availiable? (Or is it just the old, discontinued "plastic" housings?)

The carbon "cap" on the crankarms are also new to me, but it look very similar to the Schmolke top-cap, does anyone know if it is Schmolke that makes them??

Thanks in advance!

LAN

Does anyone have a link for the Giant showbike?

[splitted by Frankie - B]

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spaniardclimber

by spaniardclimber

its in the main page of weightweenies!

spytech

by spytech

here http://weightweenies.starbike.com/articles.php?ID=65 is a direct link, to that amazing bike. does anyone know when it will be out, the giant frame?

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

The frame is probalby the only one ever to be made for 04. I beleive to have read that giant is now constucting a new frame for 05. The rumours go, and I don't know if I'm allowed to say it, that it will have a fixed seatpost and weigh approx. between 850 and 900. But knowing Giant I think it will be a bit heavier.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

spytech

by spytech

ahhh, sucks, i was looking forward, to losing 1/2 lb if that frame ever came into market this year. so i guess we wont see a 800 gram frame :(

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

for this year? nope! I don't know, I'm more into light mtb's. Whats (one of) the lightest road frames now? (weight?)

Sad for you man :(
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

spytech

by spytech

Frankie - B wrote:for this year? nope! I don't know, I'm more into light mtb's. Whats (one of) the lightest road frames now? (weight?)

Sad for you man :(

from what i know a scott c1r team issue, its under the 900g mark - i think its lighter than a ghisallo which is under 2lbs for a ml frame.

i see 2 weights in the listing for the scott frame - 896.5 g and 865 g. so i would say its the lightest right now. i do not see anything lighter atm.

i was intrested in the Giant advanced frame, because it uses uni-directional carbon - so i was assuming it would have a higher STW ratio than the scott c1r team frame. this is an assumption :!:
Last edited by spytech on Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

:shock: under 907 gr.? :shock: I'm stunned! :roll:

Seems like Scott is doing some great buisiness, creating the lightest road frame and mtb frame!

Superlite

by Superlite

Cripes! Just saw the show bike on the page, frame 804g!!!! :shock:

Who is the dude that owns it? If your out there, drop a line, I'd like to talk to you about it.

nikh

by nikh

Nino is currently building his Scott road bike 888g 54cm.

Thread
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

Superlite wrote:Who is the dude that owns it?

Giant owns it.
Sicco Derks was asked by Giant to build a light bike with the TCR Advanced prototype frame as basis.
Image Image

spytech

by spytech

nikh wrote:Nino is currently building his Scott road bike 888g 54cm.

Thread

nino says "some new cranks (should be lighter than the Storck)" which cranks is he talking about. superlite are you sending him one of your cranks 8)

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

When you read the topic a bit more, you would have noticed that he is going to get some proto Tune Crancks.

spytech

by spytech

Frankie - B wrote:When you read the topic a bit more, you would have noticed that he is going to get some proto Tune Crancks.

i know, it was directed to superlite, since we know little of his upcoming crank, and this one seems to blow it out of the water compared to weight, he did say they were 178g :shock:

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

spytech wrote:nino says "some new cranks (should be lighter than the Storck)" which cranks is he talking about.

I guess he means the upcoming tune carbon cranks said to weigh 210 g - still in prototype stage though!
Image Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com