Cannondale SuperSix Tall Cone replacement?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Hey WW,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a different cone spacer type thing I could use to replace the MONSTROSITY :evil: that came on my SuperSix? It doesn't have to be a "dust cover" type slammed stem thing but at least something that is MUCH MUCH shorter than that giant thing. Honestly, the bike just looks silly with that huge thing.

Anyhow, figured someone out there in WW land must know, THANKS!

:hello:

Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Not to be funny, but did you take it off and look to see what's there?
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

....actually no, that is a really good point, I just brought it home and went :shock: this needs a fix!

So there is a thin cap underneath! It looks like that might work, need to take it back to the shop tomorrow about having steer tube cut/cables shortened etc...

OwenJames

by OwenJames

SolidSnake03 wrote:So there is a thin cap underneath! It looks like that might work

Yeah, the thing supplied and fitted by the manufacturer 'might' work indeed. :unbelievable:

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Don't be in too much of a hurry to cut the steerer. Use spacers on top until you are sure of the bar height. Cables should be fine.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Normally yes I would be cautious on it however, the amount of drop is about ~2mm less than my previous set up with it slammed so I really don't think it will be an issue. I can't imagine less drop being a problem where I would need to move the bars even higher? :?:

I'll probably save maybe 1spacer on top just in case for a couple weeks but don't see a real need to

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

I replaced mine with a 25mm ControlTech cone spacer. It does not cover the dust cap completely like the stock one, but I've had no issues.

Nice and light - 13g for the 25mm spacer and two 5mm spacers.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=19638

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Awesome! Thanks for that link, I have half a mind to get one just because it looks pretty neat :thumbup:

drmutley

by drmutley

SolidSnake03 wrote:Awesome! Thanks for that link, I have half a mind to get one just because it looks pretty neat :thumbup:

Hi SolidSnake03,
just wondering if u did actually order a dustcap from Veloflyte?
I ordered one some 6 weeks ago and it never arrived. When ordering via email, the Veloflyte guy (Doug), was a little abrasive, but I thought I mustve been just reading him wrong...
Anyway surprise surprise it didn't show up. An email requesting some tracking information was not responded to, so in the end ive had to launch a dispute via Paypal. After 5 days with no response to the dispute, Ive turned it into a claim. Did u have any problems?

Seems he has had some issues in the past as mentioned by some disgruntled byers here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=95656
im sure theres a good explanation for his lack of communication however...

KB

by KB

I already have a Supersix from 2007. I cut the spacer like yours down to the size i wanted and sprayed it white. I've just bought a Supersix Evo frame. I've actually had some carbon spacers made by Stephen Walton at Fibre-Lyte. They will look like an extension of the headtube more than a conical spacer.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com