Giant Dealers ISP Clamp Question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

For the Giant dealers, can anyone advise me of the suggested retail price for the ISP seat clamp for TCR Advanced SL? I need a replacement and the Giant website gives nothing.

Thanks.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Horacio

by Horacio

I had to purchase one. It was about $50

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

So if a shop is asking for $120 than something is not quite right?
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

Sounds fair to me.
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

robertg

by robertg

In the US, they have a retail of $80 for newer models, the older clamps are $50. The newer ones also come with ti hardware.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Thanks for the info gentlemen. I was almost abused. There are just too many complaints about this particular Giant dealer, I should have known better.

ms6073

by ms6073

Mr.Gib wrote:There are just too many complaints about this particular Giant dealer, I should have known better.
Although ours are older 2010-2011 Advanced S's, while we only got one set of the hardware that clamps the saddle, we did get two seat mast toppers (regular w/2cm adjustment and a 'tall').
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

sharkman

by sharkman

Giant changed the design over the years. So far I've seen at least 4 different versions (mostly slight changes, not including the longer/regular version).
Last time I ordered one the charged about 65 Euro's so 80 dollars sounds about right.
I would go for the latest available version since onder versions tend to creak without centain adjustments.

gummee

by gummee

I'm not a dealer, but having seen the Giant website at my LBS $120 is MSRP on a topper set. Set includes both short and tall toppers with one clamp setup. The new ones have a fore and aft position for the clamp. My old (09) one only has the fore position.

I surfed ebay and got the same thing from someone that took a Giant in and didn't know what to do with the extra clamps for (IIRC) $40 with the spacers.

HTH

M

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

sharkman wrote:I would go for the latest available version since onder versions tend to creak without centain adjustments.
I was of the impression that the shape of the seat mast tubing has changed a couple times since the ISP introduction in 2009 so the latest most likely does not fit a 2009-2011 frame.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"