Castelli Velocissimo vs Castelli Endurance bibs

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

been using to pairs of castelli endurance for around 2 years and i think its time to get two new pairs, i was wondering if any one went from the endurance to the velocisimo model and could give me their take \, the question is, should i stick with the castelli endurance or move down, thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

How about adding the Assos S5 Uno in there as an option.

indywagon

by indywagon

Hey Norbs,

I use both the Castelli Velocissimo and Endurance as well as the Aero Race bibshorts. The Endurance model has heavier, more compressive fabric panels than the Velocissimo and it uses the thicker, better Progetto pad. I use the Velocissimos for shorter and warmer rides, but for longer days or events, I'm wearing the Endurance or the Aero Race bibs. And for only about $20 more, I think the Endurance model is a much better purchase.

Chris

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

chris, thank you, i just got a pair of FREE AERO RACE BIBSHORT, so will see how those workout

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

I´ve recently gotten a pair of castelli bibs with the progretto x2 pad. After more than 10 years of solely using Assos bibs I am a reformed man. I switched from Fizik Arione to the Kurve Bull and from Assos S5 pad to Castelli Progretto X2 and I have NEVER EVER been more comfortable... I´m simply amazed of how good I am seated nowadays compared to before... Even if I use Assos S5 with the Kurve its not even close to the castelli in comfort....
The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Somewhat relatedly, I have had the Endurance and recently got the basic "Ergo Tre" -- and was surprised how nice the latter is. Really good value.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Quick question here on the Endurance X2. I use BodyPaint and Free Aero in size Large (180cm 75kgs), same size on Endurance? Any looser on the fit and I'd be in an M i think.

xplaza

by xplaza

I have used both, the Velocissimo Due and Endurance x2. Just add to what has already been said that the Velocissimo is not very durable, had to throw them away after just one year as the fabric on the rear started showing more than it should.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Xplaza, anything to be said on sizing difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xplaza

by xplaza

I'm 170, 65kg and use a medium on the Endurance. The Velocissimo was also a medium and felt a bit too loose, specially after a few months of use. I would say the difference is enough to decide on sizing up or down if in between sizes, have not tried the BodyPaint or Free Aero to compare.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com