My Humble Evo Build: (Storm Trooper)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Hi there, I've been a long time lurker and this is my first carbon road bike. Just took her out on 2 rides and she rides like a dream. Steering is sharp and direct. I just feel like there is no wasted energy with the bike, and the Lightweight wheels bring it to another level. I will get a final fitting done soon, but she is pretty close as it stands.

This bike has been a long time in the making for me. It's taken some time/patience to acquire all the parts for the build, but I finally have everything needed and had her built up last week. Compared to all the other Evo's on here, mine is just average. Thanks to all the forum members who supplied parts at a great price, this build wouldn't be possible without your help. She will be put through her paces as I plan to do a lot of climbing with her this summer. Below is a quick build list.

Frame and Fork: 2012 Cannondale Evo (Storm Trooper, size 52), fork has been cut.
Shifters: Sram Red 2012
F+R Derailleur: Sram Red 2012
Cassette: Sram Red 2012 (11-25)
Cranks: Cannondale Hollowgram SISL
Rings: Cannondale MKV 50/34
Chain: KMC X10SL
Brakes: THM Fibula
Stem: Extralite Roadstem
Handlebar: MCFK Road Bar, matte finish.
Cable set: Mini ilinks for shifting, Aican Bungarus for brakes. Running stock steel cable at the moment, upgrading to KCNC Ti Soon.
Tape: Lizard Skinz DSP 1.8
Saddle: AX Lightness Endurance
Seat Post: New Ultimate EVO
Bottle Cages: SMUD Ultralite carbon road cages
Pedals: Look Keo Blade Cromo. Upgrading to TriRig Mercury soon.
Computer Mount: K Edge
Training Wheelset: Campagnolo Shamal Ultra 2-way (Pro 4 in the rear and Maxxis tubeless in the front, Vittoria Latex tubes and Campagnolo skewers)
WW Wheelset: Lightweight Standard Gen III (blacked out logos, Continental Competition Tubulars and Tune U20 skewers)

Please excuse the poor photography skills as I'm no pro here. Both weights include the cadence sensor and K Edge mount.

With the Shamal's and Campag skewers, the bike weighs in at 5920g (13.05 lbs)

With the Lightweights and Tune U20 skewers, she weighs a respectable 5390g (11.88 lbs)
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Other than the forward saddle position it looks really nice...well done! :thumbup:

kgt

by kgt

Impressive but you have to check your position ASAP.

fa63

by fa63

Saddle looks centered in the rails to me? I think it is just that saddle.

mattyb95

by mattyb95

fa63 wrote:Saddle looks centered in the rails to me? I think it is just that saddle.

That plus the zero setback seatpost leaves it further forward too.

by 573

Looks great on the Lightweights - this Evo colourway has really grown on me. Seat position looks very weird though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vuong05

by Vuong05

You guys are right about the saddle being too far forward. I just swapped out a Selle Italia Carbonio Flow for the AX Lightness Endurance and forgot to set it in position. Will make proper adjustments and take updated pictures later today.

Thanks for the all the critiques and compliments.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)