SRM FSA K-Force Light or Quarq Elsa 10R

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sisbud

by Sisbud

Hi,

Recently i have got the chance to get the SRM FsA K-Force Light at around the same price as a brand new Quarq Elsa. It also comes with the PC7.

Which one should i get? The SRM FSA or just get the elsa along with a new edge 510?

Thanks

ms6073

by ms6073

I think the SRM will come out a tad lighter on the scales but the ease of battery replacement for the Elsa is nice as well but if you do go with the SRM, you can most likely sell the PCVII and end up with enough to cover the cost of new Garmin Edge 510 or 810!
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ghost234

by Ghost234

I would get the SRM. I love my Quarq, but I wish there were more (ie. better) crank options available. The K force light is one of the best cranksets out there. Replacing the battery on a SRM is a very rare adventure, and usually isn't too bad unless you live somewhere obscure. Calibration is pretty simple if you have the PC7.

The Quarq may offer some more options such as left-right balance, but that measurement is more or less useless.

neevers1

by neevers1

SRM, the PC7 is a bonus for me, I prefer the simplicity of it over the garmin choices.

ms6073

by ms6073

We have a couple SRM's and much prefer the Garmin at half the price as well as allow me to not only calibrate the SRM's after a battery change but also to send/update the new calibration value at the powermeter. Unless SRM has updated the PCVII, while it can also help with calibration, it does not have the ability to update the powermeter's calibration value.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Sisbud

by Sisbud

From my understanding is that isnt it easier to calibrate the SRM with the SRMwin software compared to quarq where you need Qalvin software?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com