Overall Ultegra Di2 6770 topic

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kevinkalis

by kevinkalis

Apologies if this has been asked/mentioned before but, what's the word on Ultegra Di2 going 11 speed along with the mechanical group. I'm assuming it'll go that way same as DA did but I haven't seen any confirmation.
K2

Do you suffer more when you train, or cannot train?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SvenNijs

by SvenNijs

kevinkalis wrote:Apologies if this has been asked/mentioned before but, what's the word on Ultegra Di2 going 11 speed along with the mechanical group. I'm assuming it'll go that way same as DA did but I haven't seen any confirmation.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=115279&start=15#p983450" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
from
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=115279" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Waiting for official announcement - soonish..

MichaelB

by MichaelB

And likely to be a Hydraulic disc version at the same time .... ;-)

Anders

by Anders

Here is the solution for using the SM-BCR2 charger with the SM-EW67A-E control box by using the EW-SD50 cable connection.
Cut the connectors off the charger and connect it like this. I have not yet tried to use it for updating the firmware and charge the battery directly on the bike, but that will be the next step this evening.

I'll have connectors made so that it's easy to change between the the two different connector types.

freeloader

by freeloader

It should work with updating firmware as well. IIRC, besides SM-BCR2, only the battery is required for updating firmware, i think i updated components separately that way. However, i didn't want to cut the parts, therefore make my own adapter to connect the cables.

My opinion is that components(shifters, derailleurs, internal battery, junction A etc) that can be updated have electronic chip embedded in them, while others like junction B are simply 2-wire conductors.

Anders

by Anders

It works!

Anders

by Anders

New firmware is available for the charger and internal battery as of 20th June. Anyone has some insight to what it does? The notes just says Improvement of useability. I guess it's something relating to the charging of the battery as only these two components are included.

dha

by dha

Thanks Anders for that.

virenque

by virenque

Anyone noticed the picture in the update screen changed from a 5 arm crankset to a 4 arm crankset?

kevinkalis

by kevinkalis

I just have to say this.

I had my first ride with my new Ultegra Di2 group today and, even though I can't recall ever being impressed with any piece of electronics I've bought, electronic shifting is awesome. Easily the best money I've ever spent.
K2

Do you suffer more when you train, or cannot train?

L3X

by L3X

Hey all, got a DI2 issue, maybe somebody here can help me out.

Sometimes my battery suddenly discharges... For instance I charged it last night, but it on my bike and it was depleted again in the morning just by standing in one of my rooms. Any thoughts?

freeloader

by freeloader

L3X wrote:Hey all, got a DI2 issue, maybe somebody here can help me out.

Sometimes my battery suddenly discharges... For instance I charged it last night, but it on my bike and it was depleted again in the morning just by standing in one of my rooms. Any thoughts?

As notaero mentioned earlier, the shift button(s) might be pressed. If that's not the case, you can try disconnecting each component one at a time to isolate the problem. Updating to the latest firmware might help as well.

jaypee

by jaypee

Hi
Anyone had any luck getting e-tube to work with Parallels on the Mac?
Can get it to load and the drivers appear to install, but won't recognise the usb connection "Connect the SM-PCE1/SM-BCR2"
I hear VMware works OK but already have Parallel installed.

thanks in advance
JP

mlchang

by mlchang

@JP

Maybe there is a setting in parallels that lets you determine which "machine" the USB item is connected to. In other words, perhaps the Mac is "connected" to the BCR-2 and not releasing it to the Windows virtual machine, so Windows VM does not "see" it. There is a setting for this in VMWare. I can only assume that this functionality would also be in Parallels as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dha

by dha

Hi,

Mac user and spent ages trying to get parallels to recognise the shimano kit. It never did. Thought it was the BCR2 that was faulty but I had purchased it from Germany and it would have been a pain to return. So I tried VMware and it worked and still does. Got a refund on parallels and purchased the VMware licence.