Cervelo RCA; 51; finally broke the 11lb barrier (new photos)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

sugarkane wrote:The Aican cables are a great choice, they are a substantial upgrade to the shifting with SR

Agreed -- have them on my other bike, also with SR11. Thing i'm not 100% sure about are the KCNC ti cables -- pretty significant weight savings but hopefully they do not stretch too much.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

mnmasotto wrote:How hard it was to find a LBS that could order that particular frameset? Whithout telling us the price can you tell us if they were negotiable?

P.S. i see your are a big Fischer, Bose 901 and Pioneers fan! A Real Audiophile

Any authorized Cervelo dealer/LBS can order this frame -- however, the higher volume dealers will porbably get their orders fulfilled faster. With regards to price, dealers have to abide by Cervelo's pricing policy -- there may be some room for negotiation, but not much.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Yea that's the worry.. For shifting it should be fine once they are stretched enough.. Not so sure about brake cables though.

If you pre stretch em enough it should be fine.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

bura wrote:Looks promising.
Candy for my eyes with the understated but not totally stealth stickers on parts.
Re saddle choice: Have you tried that one before or other preferences when choosing the SI TF?
Keep us posted.

I have the same saddle on my other bike and find it quite comfy -- it has a big cutout in the middle, which helps on longer rides. Had the Fizik K1 before and although I liked the length of that saddle, allowing quite a bit of fore/aft movement, I ended up with NNS after long rides.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Boralb wrote:I know saddle is a personal taste, but i'd go for the below, instead of tekno :mrgreen:

http://www.mcfk.de/en/products/sattel-e ... added.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting how they can make a leather covered saddle that weighs 66 grams. Add another 20 grams and you get a padded version. Will definitely lok into this. Thanks!

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

How about one of Jures new saddles. I'd be a hassling him for one if I used a std seat post for sure

liketoride

by liketoride

any update on this build yet?

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

liketoride wrote:any update on this build yet?

Just received the gruppo last Friday (Campy 80th) but still waiting on bar and post (in transit from Germany). Hoping to get it all built up within the next couple of weeks.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

liketoride wrote:do you think that before you mount the cranks you could put them on the scale with the bb, crank and rings please?

Still haven't had a chance to weigh these -- will do so prior to install.

liketoride

by liketoride

thank you. cant wait to see this baby come together.

mythical

by mythical

Looks pretty good to me. I'm definitely interested in seeing this bike built up! :beerchug:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

I'm so ready to see her all built up! She's gonna be a stunner

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

RCA1.jpg
Last edited by audiophilitis on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Photos!!!!!!

By the way, what happened to the KCNC ti cables? Why didn't you use them?

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

drainyoo wrote:Photos!!!!!!

By the way, what happened to the KCNC ti cables? Why didn't you use them?

I used them for the brakes -- plan was to use power cordz for shifters. those ti cables are great!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com