Colnago Master 30th AD10

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ahh... ok, didn't realize you had just moved over an existing setup, including housings etc. Easily fixed. And yes, the sliver group is definitely king on this frame.

Mavic GP4 tubies would be nicer I think.

As for the Italian girl that all the blue bits remind you of... why don't you get rid of all the extra blue bits on your bike and just post a pic of the Italian girl :beerchug:
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

DRAGON60

by DRAGON60

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

You forget how sensual a quill stem looks until you see one on a classic style bike----it's like a girl with a beautiful neck.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wingnut

by Wingnut

IMo I'd swap the blue bottle cages with silver, change the blue wheels and put a white San Marco Rolls on it...

But non the less it looks great, enjoy! :thumbup:

willy

by willy

Congrats salsa lover, bike looks amazing! Now just ride and enjoy !

mvacolnago

by mvacolnago

What do you think of using a silver Athena 11 groupo? BTW, it is a beauty. I have had my master for over 25 yrs now and it is still one of my favorite rides. protect that paint job with several coats of the best automotive wax available in your area.

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

Athena is basically the same level as centaur, for what I have seen, only a bit more shiny and 11 speed.

But there was never a full silver ultra shift ultra torque group

The ultra shift Athena shifters are carbon lookalike coated.

And well, the Centaur I already have it, with another set of silver shifters, a silver UT compact crank, chains and cassettes on my stash, so it's fine with it.

Who knows maybe one of these years Campagnolo surprises us with a high end full silver group...
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

Colonia

by Colonia

solarider wrote:I wish I was small. Small bikes always look nicer than the farm gates I have to ride! And to get a decent position on a big bike, I always end up using too many spacers to be aesthetically pleasing.

Coming together nicely that. Not sure about the blue rims though. Maybe too much colour.

I might have to chop down the steerer and fit a quil stem having seen yours.

Experiment with saddle height. If you used that old Guimard formula (ins. X .885) you are probably sitting too high, unless you prefer to pedal with a lot of heel rise. A tall saddle and a spacer tower is usually a giveaway that something in the saddle department is off.

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

Colonia wrote:
solarider wrote:I wish I was small. Small bikes always look nicer than the farm gates I have to ride! And to get a decent position on a big bike, I always end up using too many spacers to be aesthetically pleasing.

Coming together nicely that. Not sure about the blue rims though. Maybe too much colour.

I might have to chop down the steerer and fit a quil stem having seen yours.

Experiment with saddle height. If you used that old Guimard formula (ins. X .885) you are probably sitting too high, unless you prefer to pedal with a lot of heel rise. A tall saddle and a spacer tower is usually a giveaway that something in the saddle department is off.

That is true

for a long time I used to have my saddle too high. it was like the bike was setup for me at the shop and I got used to it, I though the full leg extension was desirable.

It was indeed wrong, I had often saddle numbness problems and had to go to a tilted down saddle, big cutouts and bigger frames with more spacers, to be able to ride comfortably.

Until I got the right advice and lowered the saddle almost 1.5cms, leveled it dead flat and started to ride better, sitting properly on the seat bones, and curving the uper back while mantaining the lower back as perpendicular as possible to the saddle, like the Pros do, and like it is named "The Snake" by Fizik.

After the legs and torso adjusted to the new position and the hamstrings, back and abdominal muscles gained strenght, I ride, and climb a lot better on the new position and can go lower on the front.
Hucken The Fard Up !

solarider

by solarider

My position is already the result of a number of bike fits and custom frame measurements. Saddle height and relative bar drop are spot on. My position (although sadly not my legs!) is virtually identical to what Indurain used to ride. Didn't do him any harm. Used to ride with a higher saddle and lower bars back in the day before I knew better. I have dropped the stem since the first shots were taken to rotate forward a little.

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

I tried on the Brooks but I don't like it with it

I am keeping the White SLK for the moment, until I buy a new flite 2013 White for it

DSC00504.jpg por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
Hucken The Fard Up !

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

Here some detail pics, I really like with the full silver Centar, doesn't matter that is a lower level groupset I will keep it like it is.

I just have ordered silver Elite Ciussi cages, because those blue are too dark and IMHO clash with the pastel colours...

I will also change those black cable housings with white ones soon.

DSC00506.jpg por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
DSC00507.jpg por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
DSC00508.jpg por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
Hucken The Fard Up !

bontyboy

by bontyboy

Did you go for Elite Ciussi Inox?
I have them on my bikes, and they´re really light. And made of steel :wink:
Great bike that looks really cool with the quill.
Go on, make it neo-retro :twisted:
/J

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

I got the silver alu version... they are shinier and IMHO from the esthetical POV go better with the chrome, the Inox would be better for a Titanium one I guess.
Hucken The Fard Up !

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

in Aero Mode ;)

Master 30th Cosmics por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
Master 30th Cosmics por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
Hucken The Fard Up !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓