Disgraced Cycling Teams

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Privateer

by Privateer

Brandonnie wrote:Team discovery

It's funny that it took us a full page to come up with that, given current affairs.

US Postal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Postal_Service_Pro_Cycling_Team

In October 2012 USADA released a report saying that the team had ran "the most sophisticated, professionalised and successful doping programme the sport has ever seen".

djconnel

by djconnel

Yes, but really to do the era justice consistent with the list of recent teams you'd need to add most top pro teams from 1992-2009.

Privateer

by Privateer

The OPs list wasn't just recent teams, but you're absolutely right.

Maybe it would be easier if we listed teams that hadn't had any kind of doping scandal associated with them, especially for pre-2009 teams.

Ummm.... FDJ?

djconnel

by djconnel

That thing with Maurice Dewaele and Alcyon in the 1929 Tour was fairly disgraceful.

Mike V

by Mike V

Team Bianchi

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Privateer wrote:Ummm.... FDJ?

Mostly clean, yes... I think. And I believe it's been that way from their inception (AFAIK and learned about the team's history and foundations, their director, etc:.). The closest thing that I know of was one of their riders - Offredo - missing three random whereabouts check-ins, but even with that he's come through clean on all tests, and by all accounts the missed check-ins can often be a cultural thing... as in "mon dieu, I'm sick of being monitored like a rat..." and eventually three clock up.

Correct me if I'm wrong of course. There are people here who are better at digging deeper into the pro ranks.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

record

by record

Maybe it will be easier to list teams where no one was ever involved in any kind of doping allegations?
A light bike does replace good fitness.

pastronef

by pastronef

GonaSovereign wrote:Spidertech is anything but disgraced. They couldn't find sufficient sponsorship to keep growing, so they shut down. They found jobs for many riders and staff and are paying next year's wages to the rest. Cycling would benefit from more teams like that, albeit with more financial resources.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bauer-a ... rtech-team

not disgraced, but unlucky

monkeyburger

by monkeyburger

...say what you like about his preparation methods, but I'd give my spleen, 2 bags of blood and and a liter of the cleanest urine you ever saw for the Bianchi that Ulle's leaning on. I'd sweeten things with my daughter's beloved rabbit, Madam Nuts, if that beautiful jersey was part of the deal. Hell, I could probably steep it in warm water and make secret climbing tonic...

monkeyburger
...finding my inner Onoda-kun...

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

The EV4 Bianchi is still available on ebay. This one is going for 820$ and free shipping. Go git it.

I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Geoff

by Geoff

@pastronef, Steve wasn't just unlucky. His sponsor was not being forthright and honest.

de zwarten

by de zwarten

I don't think Ullrich ever rode the frame in the picture. If someone can prove me I am wrong, I would be very pleased, as I have the exact same frame at home... I didn't realize Festina were on Peugeot back in the days (1998). I always thought they were on Look the whole time.

Horze

by Horze

Disgraced he says.

Dis/grace are relative terms just as Good & Bad, Ying & Yang. The meaning of which all change and morph over time.

Who cares to show all the disgraceful things going on this very moment? Or any..?
7x Forum Racing Ban Champion.

Horze

by Horze

7x Forum Racing Ban Champion.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com