NeverWet - has anyone used it?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Privateer

by Privateer

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57590077-1/spill-a-lot-neverwets-ready-to-coat-your-gear/

Has anyone used this? I can think of lots of possible uses (starting with my shoes, which got wet and hence very cold yesterday morning), but I have just as many questions about how well it works in practise.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

neevers1

by neevers1

I bought some neverwet a couple days ago what do you want to know? It seems pretty impressive to me....

jsinclair

by jsinclair

haha sweet first post

jordo99

by jordo99

...might want to test the application before you go putting it on your shoes...remember that if water can't get in, it probably can't get out either (your feet can't breath).

ave

by ave

WOuld be much better to spray the normal kit instead of using all those black gabbas.

euan

by euan

Does it leave things breathable?

djm

by djm

Probably not. Looks a lot like Everdry.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I would not use this product on fabric or stuff that needs to breathe but you know those rusty bolts or anything that rusts your bike that is metal it would be good for that you know your winter bike.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

djm

by djm

Let's not forget this shit will add a lot of weight! :-)

neevers1

by neevers1

euan wrote:Does it leave things breathable?

Yes it does, not as breathable as original, but it does leave it breathable. For example I sprayed down an old pair of running shoes and the water will still go through the mesh.

One of the uses I thought about is using it on a cyclocross bike, to keep the mud from sticking.

It really is quite amazing to behold in person, how the water, or anything water based just runs right off, not even leaving the surface wet at all.

For example I sprayed down a napkin/paper towel, and while the texture was barely changed water would just run right off of it.

It also is light, something I'm sure every WW is interested in, it doesn't add that much weight.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com