What is everyone weighing in at?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

johnnyha

by johnnyha

Personal Best

Oswald

by Oswald

1m75, 65kg.
Back when I was racing xc and marathond, I weighed 64kg. I had to stop because of some joint problems. Couldn't excercise during 6 years and my weight went up to 84,5kg. Thx to a better diet, I got back to 65kg :-) Have been swimming a lot and riding occasionaly lately. Hope to drop a few more kg by summer time. I'm almost back at the weight I had when racing, but look a lot fatter because I was a lot more muscular back then :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Down to 55kg now, not entirely sure of my FTP but when I'll get a power meter I should be able to confirm it. Uphill power calculator gives me an FTP of 300W, but I'd expect it to be a little less in reality.

rkwaki

by rkwaki

When I was training/racing last year?
Weight - 180 pounds
FTP? North of 400

Right now?
223 - back in the gym
FTP? NFC

When racing for real?
Weight - 156 pounds
FTP? NFC probably north of 400

mentok

by mentok

wow, that's an interesting physique you have that allows you to cycle through 30kg variances in weight over relatively short periods of time. even just adding 40lbs in a bulk over 12 months sounds big...

rkwaki

by rkwaki

mentok wrote:wow, that's an interesting physique you have that allows you to cycle through 30kg variances in weight over relatively short periods of time. even just adding 40lbs in a bulk over 12 months sounds big...

My two loves are cycling and bodybuilding.
I started 2012 off at 227 pounds and ended racing at 180-182. I have the ability to gain and drop weight very quickly and efficiently.

paulm2322

by paulm2322

6ft and weigh 197lbs. I would ideally like to weigh 175lbs. You can't 'out train' a bad diet : )
You can't 'out train' a bad diet : )

dangerousTor

by dangerousTor

A pretty miserable 80kg. And that was last time I checked, I've been laying up with a knee injury for almost 2 weeks and comfort eating so I suspect its even more! Back before my finals I was 74 kg and 350W FTP, now I'm fat and I've lost 30W!

Bely

by Bely

In season, 1.84m, 70kg...not sure about how many watts I put out, but I run a 1:27 half marathon but cycle real slow :D off season I put on about 8kg.. Call me Jan ;)
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

KWalker

by KWalker

Started the season at 176lbs

Weighed 160.5 yesterday.

Last FTP test in May was 342.

All doing the dieting stuff that TapeWorm claimed would never work.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

20 Feb 2013:-
KWalker wrote:6 feet 2/187/96 cm
163lb/74.09kg
340w threshold as of last test for 4.6w/kg

As discussed elsewhere, been doing intermittent fasting on rest days. Overall my bodyfat is lower than it ever has been this time of year, weight is lower, and power is up (that FTP number is from an older test from January). So far no problems with doing it on rest days or when I ride at night.

23 June 2013:;-
KWalker wrote:Started the season at 176lbs

Weighed 160.5 yesterday.

Last FTP test in May was 342.

All doing the dieting stuff that TapeWorm claimed would never work.

2.5lbs weight loss and 2 watts gain in 3-4 months. I'm happy that you've found a diet that works for YOU, champ. Keep up the good work.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

KWalker

by KWalker

Do you not know how to add? 176-160.5 is 15.5, genius. Congrats on not being able to do math.

w/kg before 330w@79.54= 4.1 w/kg
w/kg now 342@72.72= 4.7 w/kg

I'm not sure how much stock people put in power derived from VAM, but managed a 1370 on a 40ish min climb, which would imply 4.89w/kg assuming the listed avg gradient of 8% is close to accurate. I'm thinking it wavers between 7% and 8% so its probably a tad lower. But hell, 20% increase in power to weight when intermittent fasting would never work. Managed to help get one client from 4.5 w/kg in January to 5.2w/kg last week.

15% power to weight increase. The before was with a SRM, rested and the after was a repeatable number during a workout with a PT wheel so one can tack on the 2%-3% drivetrain lost and whatever fatigue would be. I just strictly remember hearing your sage advice that people had to add weight and power at once, but it clearly doesn't seem that way.

Happy to do more basic math for you.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

You posted that in Feb, as I quoted above, you were 162lbs and power was 340w My maths is fine (163 - 160.5=2.5) Or in the space of a few months did you go from 162 to 176 then to 160.5? Just basing this off the data you provide champ.

Hey, didn't you grow a cm or two as well? Or shrink? I forget which, its hard to keep up with your stats sometimes.

KWalker wrote: I just strictly remember hearing your sage advice that people had to add weight and power at once, but it clearly doesn't seem that way.

No, you don't remember correctly, but hey, just roll with what you think you know.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

Ah, found it.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011.

KWalker wrote:My weight is weird. It increased last season from upper 150s to upper 160s, but I hit a personal best 20 min, 40 min. and 5 min. as well as 30s and my w/kg were slightly higher than when I was at a lower weight. I then tried to cut back down to 160 or slightly below, and my numbers fell like a rock. Right now I'm sitting around 165-166 and slowly leaning out and the numbers are improving once again. I think that I have found a sweet spot and being more of a roleur/tt rider I'm not worried since the longest climb in any of my races this season will be 10-12 min.

So right now:
6 feet 1
165-166 depending on hydration

An inch in a just over a year and a half, very impressive. Imagine how tall you'll be in a couple of years.

KWalker

by KWalker

I know you're not spost to feed the troll, but since you don't actually ride anymore, don't you have other forums to troll.

Post from Feb was off. Our scale was inaccruate. My weight was actually in the upper 160s. It was definitely a bummer when we got a new scale and I got a physical and both read higher than our old scale. Also, I started the season with a lower FTP than 340. I didn't test until after that post in Feb, 340 was from my previous test in the fall. I only hit 330 in Feb and was undereating CHO quite a bit so it could've been from that.

I've posted elsewhere, but oddly in the last 3 years I've actually gained just under an inch. I also started getting myofasical release, stretching more, doing yoga, and trying to improve my posture. I obviously didn't grow, but clearly have better posture now.

Anything else you want to dispute? The fact of the matter is I've still managed to drop over 15 lbs in 6ish months, using advice you claimed would never work, and improved every power metric on the way. Factoring in the difference in PM would yield ~8-10w difference between the PT and a crank-based PM, which would be an all-time absolute high. I feel bad that you tell your supposed clients that they need to gain weight to gain power as that's simply not true.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com