2010 TdF 'Winner' S-Works SL3 - Schleck

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

carbonlicious

by carbonlicious

S-Works SL3 Tarmac limited edition Andy Schleck.
After watching the 2010 TdF, I just HAD to have this bike. After receiving the frame, I was disappointed that the factory Specialized colour was a dull silver and nothing like the black chrome 'Mclaren' silver of the Schleck brother's bikes. I employed the services of Paint My Bike in Brisbane, Australia and they got extremely close but more importantly a huge difference compared to the run of the mill color released to the general public. I will try to get some pics in the sun to show its more metallic properties soon.

Its 99% accurate in terms of the parts used, including the hard to get parts of a Berner modified Sram red rear derailluer and the limited edition Prologo Schleck saddle (I got greedy and got 1 x Frank and 1 x Andy model). I was even lucky enough to find a brand new set of Zipp Zedtechs (the difference being a couple of anodized blue hub bits which I didn't want to rebuild the wheel). There are only a few minor differences equipment wise between Andy's bike and my build being a Sram XG1090 cassette, Gore Pro brake cables (tried the Nokons and they were horrible) a SRAM 2013 chain catcher and Speedplay steel spindles. The Schleck bikes are 56cm compared to mine being a 54cm.

I cant find my scales, but once I do, I'll post it up.

Schleckgate catcher ;)

hetchins68

by hetchins68

:beerchug: :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Great build! :thumbup: :thumbup:

ubers

by ubers

how does the front derailleur shift? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock:

stuff period accuracy, put a yaw on the front :D

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

nice bike! great addition with the chain catcher... i wish Andy's mechanic would have thought of that!

paradawt

by paradawt

Three words: O-M-G! :)

Just perfect!
Berria Belador 7

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

are these specialized bars?

carbonlicious

by carbonlicious

ubers wrote:how does the front derailleur shift? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock:

stuff period accuracy, put a yaw on the front :D

I'm actually pleasantly surprised how fast and crisp the change is, especially with the steel cage. Having said that I'm comparing a Campagnolo record derailleur with Rotor rings :oops:

carbonlicious

by carbonlicious

nathanong87 wrote:are these specialized bars?

They are actually FSA Energy -alloy and cheap!

Like many pros they choose alloy over carbon as 1) less likely to cause damage in a fall and 2) to make sure they meet the 6.8kg weight limit

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Just saw a photo of Andy's 2010 bike the other day and was thinking what a great paint job it was. Well done, it's a beaut!

mile2424

by mile2424

Would love to see more pics of the frame up close? Did the paint shop have to redo all the decals or did they paint these on?

Cni2i

by Cni2i

Not my cup of tea, but bravo x 1000 for the awesome tribute and uniqueness of the paint scheme.

Lateralus

by Lateralus

Wow, congrats :)

carbonlicious

by carbonlicious

Finally got some time and sunshine this afternoon to take a quick pic of the 'shinier' silver

mile2424:
The company that did the frame actually had the graphics/template from Specialized, so its 100% factory accurate. The black has been sprayed and decals have been used for the colors (and finished off with clear ceramic clear coat)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com