Can I get a taller integrated seatclamp 38.3m Scott Scale RC

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

mickmack

by mickmack

I purchased a s/h Scott Scale RC from someone that was taller than me.
Not even thinking about it when purchasing, now that I ride I find that I wished my seat was a higher or my legs were shorter.
Not wanting to cut my legs shorter I am wondering whether there is another option???????

The seat clamp off it is as the below

RITCHEY WCS M-TOPPER 38.35 X 50MM BLACK 8MM OFFSET SEATCLAMP.

I have tried rising the ritchey seatclamp higher but have now cracked it in doing so.

Any ideas anybody,,,

I am down to adding a bit more carbon back into the seatpost to raise up the height just enough so the seatclamp sits properly,,,
anybody have a bit they cut off theres.

Mike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mickmack

by mickmack

There is a 70mm option - would anybody have an answer to adding a bit of carbon to the integrated seatpost so the seatclamp topper would sit properly???

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ritchey-WCS- ... 910&_uhb=1

deltree

by deltree

mickmack wrote:There is a 70mm option - would anybody have an answer to adding a bit of carbon to the integrated seatpost so the seatclamp topper would sit properly???

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ritchey-WCS- ... 910&_uhb=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KCNC do a version with 75mm and 120mm lengths. Personally I wouldn't add any carbon is it's the last place you want a failure.

mickmack

by mickmack

Thats right KCNC do but only in 34mm wide. The Scott is 38.35mm wide, from what I can gather the only option available in this size is the Ritchey seatclamp/stubby/seatmast topper. In theory it should get me 2cm,,, however it is probably about a cm less than I need, but nothing else available from what I can see.

I don't really want to cut the post down and run an adjustable but that could be another option again.

I am suprised that nobody makes something from the seat to the mast to make it sit a little higher.

mickmack

by mickmack

I have tried to find a listings for KCNC for 38mm if they do do them let me know.

This might be another option??????
http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=47&p=990&

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

How much extra height do you need? Another solution could be to cut the seatpostmast down like a "normal" frame and then use a seatpostclamp and a seatpost - a 31,6mm should fit inside the seatpostmast.

Rogue

by Rogue

That is actually not an option. AFAIK the only frames where that is possible are Bianchi frames.
Last edited by Rogue on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

mickmack

by mickmack

Ok my road bike is 99cm from top of seat to top of middle of cleat (spd both have the same type of cleat)
my spark rc is 92cm with the 50mm topper with the seatpost all the way up the 50mm

The 50mm topper can raise about 10mm to there spec mark
So in theory a 70mm topper should get me to a seat height of 95cm go a little higher than the spec mark and probably 96cm

I am not sure what other people ride between road and MTB but I assume a few cm lower would be normal?

In the meantime nobody has any ideas on whether this would work? http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=47&p=990&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael.

mickmack

by mickmack

Thanks so I see you can,,, if you are prepared to pay around 200 euro.

I should have probably stated that I am not a weight weenie, so happy not to spend hundreds if I can help it, I am personally overweight and only ride recreationally. For a little more than a new average hard tail aluminium spec bike I purchased a s/h spark rc, which is why I have it. Really nice bike.

At this stage I have ordered the Richie integrated seat post topper the version that is 70mm and not 50mm, so it should give me a little more and will see how I go with this when it comes. The cost is around $60usd including freight.
I am surprised that nobody has another option apart from the custom made options (must be around 300usd), but I guess it is just that odd size of the carbon frame,,,, nice to see there are some custom options though.

Mike.

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

mickmack wrote:I am not sure what other people ride between road and MTB but I assume a few cm lower would be normal?

That's probably quite individual. For me, saddle heights are more or less the same on my road bike and mountain bike.

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

Tune makes one and its sold at FairWheel bikes!!!

http://fairwheelbikes.com/tune-cappy-se ... -3347.html
to go faster....just pedal harder!

mickmack

by mickmack

I received the 70mm ritchey in the post, probably about 1cm lower than I would like it, but it is much better than b4.

From what I can gather the "Tune" integrated seat posts are shorter than the richey 70mm hence why I didn't mention I had picked it up on google search.
(70mm on the Richey is the insertion (measuring total length is 85 and to "miniumum insertion is 35 (I did to 30, but will probably go to 25)))
On the Tune we would assume from the below it was 5.5cm plus 3.5cm to rail (essentially the same as the 50mm Richey ISP).
Tune
minimum insertion: 3.5 cm
minimum insertion line to center of saddle rails: ~3.5 cm
adjustment range: 2.0 cm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com