Ciamillo Gravitas SL setup with Enve 1.25 tubby: Any Issues

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CAIOS

by CAIOS

Hi lot,

Of late, the GSL pair with Enve 1.25 tubby have gotten me feel (maybe I felt imbalance) the brake will misalign everytime I takes the wheels out (for cleaning, tyres replacement etc).
I know it wouldn't be an hassle to align them (but requires constant trials and errors) to get the 'ideal' centering.
[I have mine a fair share of hassle during alignment, so I couldn't say it is a breeze to begin with]

Someone with good/bad experience - pour in theirs too? :D :twisted:

Cheers!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pawnii

by pawnii

are u using compression-less cable housings?
it helps
2012 Scott Foil Premium

CAIOS

by CAIOS

Pardon my ignorance, as I not so familiar with the term "compression-less cable housings".
I am using Ilink Alligator housing, with Campaq internal liner, if that is your query.

I have been swayed by friends, into THM Fibula, but I am taken aback by the cost.
I am not ready to jump bail yet, at least not in the moment as I have other heavy (= $$$) commitment at hand.

I am inclined if others have similiar setup, and their takes in this situation.

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

You set them up wrong, its OK, here's how you correct it.

Step 1: Make sure the brake housing is perfectly cut. If its too long it will push the brake in one direction, too short and it will pull the brake in the other direction. Doesn't have to be perfect, but very close for step 2.

Step 2: Do not use a cone wrench to try and adjust the caliper into position. Instead, from the front of the brake, use a Torx or Allen wrench (depending on the bolt) and gently center the brake this way. You cannot center from the back bolt, and the cone wrench on the caliper will only scratch up the anodized finish.

If your housing is at the correct length and you adjust the centering using the middle brake bolt, you will be all set.

Give it a shot and let us know if you have any other problems with them.

Cheers.

cL
carbonLORD.com