Kuota Kom Evo

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bura

by bura

@damitamit: Thanks.
Bottle cages bought here: http://www.flyxii.com/products_1.asp?menuid=319&id=305
Very trust able seller.Pay with PayPal or you can find "Flyxi" also on Alibaba.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Colonia

by Colonia

bura wrote:A lot of fellow cyclist think that the -17 stem is pointing downwards on the bike. Considering the 72.5 degree of the front fork for a size M Kom the stem actually points 0.5 degrees upwards.
The TT angle is actually irritating people to think this way.
For years we have ridden steel bikes with straight TT's and straight 'Cinelli' stems and got used to it. The -17 stem angle is nothing special for an 'older' cyclist like me.

This really has nothing to do with top tube angle, since sloping bikes have the same geometry as their traditional counterparts. -17 degree stems were designed to put your body in the proper position on an old steel frame with downtube shifters. Now days, people ride smaller frame sizes since the shifting/hood position is different. This usually requires an angled stem (since frame geometry has not really changed), since a -17 deg. would put the bars too low and require too many spacers. I think a -17 degree stem on a modern bike really only makes sense if you are sizing the bike larger for comfort -- essentially taking an old-school sizing approach, but with modern components. That bike in the photo looks like a torture rack. :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Colonia wrote:This really has nothing to do with top tube angle, since sloping bikes have the same geometry as their traditional counterparts. -17 degree stems were designed to put your body in the proper position on an old steel frame with downtube shifters.

Really?

Where did you pull that theory from? :noidea:

If you look at older photos of quill stems on Pro's bikes you may notice quite a few of them didn't 'slam' their stems and that the position of their -17 degree stems were in quite similar position to where a 0 degree stem more commonly used today would be...

Down tube shifters had nothing to do with it...

bura

by bura

Beside wingnut's comments I would like to add that Colonia and me are talking about totally different points relating the -17 stem.
Nothing was mentioned about geometry there.
Hope to succeed this time by pointing you to reread my opinion.
Quote. a lot of fellow cyclist think that the -17 stem is pointing downwards on the bike.Considering the 72.5 degree of the front fork for a size M Kom the stem actually points 0.5 degrees upwards.
The TT angle is actually irritating people to think this way.Unquote
Be assured .No torture there after 5 hours on the saddle.May be I have misunderstood so let me see your ride.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Oh and by the way Bura...nice bike!

Geoff

by Geoff

+1

bura

by bura

Thanks Wingnut and Geoff.
Waiting for Colonias bike photo to check if I do miss something.
Kuota Kom Evo
SOLD

bura

by bura

As promised I am reporting back about two parts.
1. Though a WW item the Chinese Aspide Superleggera did not work for me. So back to the tuned no padded Specialized Toupe 130 saddle.
I need a cutout 130mm saddle.This is for sure.
However the mid channeled Flyxi saddle may work for others. Sold the saddle to a mate who is fully happy with it.
2. Re-glued AFC Speed Ten pulleys are holding up well and spin better than when new.
Kuota Kom Evo
SOLD

gotgame

by gotgame

nice stealth bike
Colnago e1 gazzetta dello sport - sz52s / Pinarello gan RS ulterga di2 - sz52 / Caadx 2019 vulcano green sz54

toride

by toride

Bura, how's the saddle holding up ? is it silent when your riding or does it creak ?

mihai

by mihai

I like the geometry.

bura

by bura

Thanks guys.
@toride : I was not happy with the comfort if you mean the stealth 3K weave Chinese Aspide saddle from first pictures.
The Flyxi Aspide saddle is an excellent WW item for that price. The guy I have sold it to is doing 5h rides with it and never complains.

As said my current saddle is a tuned Toupe 130.
Kuota Kom Evo
SOLD

jasonlenik

by jasonlenik

Would you care to share what paint / method you used to black out the red parts of SRAM Red?
Looking to do that on my next build as well.