Cannondale F29 Carbon 1 2013

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Tubeless tape is already installed on the rims, so you only have to consider inner tube vs sealant + valve. I'm quite sure the tubes are around 150 grams, and I use around 90 grams of Stan's in each tire. So still a bit of weight savings there.

I ordered this saddle: http://smud-carbon.eu/saddle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It should weigh around 70 grams, so 120 grams lighter than the Fizik saddle.

I know people who use the XG-1099 without complaints. I don't (yet), because I also think it looks fragile and sounds expensive, and I'm not sure whether I'm going 1 x 11 next year.

I'm thinking about going 1 x 10 for some races, with a 34T chainring, using a spiderless ring like this: http://www.absoluteblack.cc/sram-spiderless.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PS. I also saved 100 grams going from 180/160 discs to 160/140. I have plenty of stopping power for my needs (68 kgs). See here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=112417

muntos

by muntos

Hi marsbar,

I have a couple of new questions if you don't mind :
1. I converted the wheels to tubeless but I noticed that the air escapes near the valve. The valve from Reynolds had a small rubber ring, this ring fits external or internal regarding the rim?
2. I noticed also that the hubs are really "slow" (small wheel inertia) compared to the Sun-Ringle hubs on my other bike). I recorded this :
http://www.youtube.com/embed/xzVjjvVh2ik?html5=1&fs=1
http://www.youtube.com/embed/0e_towfMDuQ?html5=1&fs=1
Did yours move also the same?
3. I turned the bike upside down and then during a ride I noticed a green liquid (oil?) leaking though /near the lefty's rebound (on top)... Did this or something similar happened to you?

Kind regards,
Alex

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Sure, no problem.

1) I didn't have problems setting up the rims tubeless. I put the rubber ring on the outside of the rim, but actually I think it might work better on the inside!

2) Hard to say. It could have something to do with the Reynolds wheel being new, having fresh, thick grease in the bearings. I'm not sure. I don't have another wheel to compare mine with, sorry. It could also be the brake pads rubbing the disc slightly, since it's two different bikes...

3) I haven't experienced what you're describing. I think you should talk to you LBS about that. Oil shouldn't be leaking!

muntos

by muntos

Thanks for your quick (as always) answer!
1. I put also the ring on the outside. The air is leaking only when the valve is in a certain position. I don't know what to do, and the process to inflate the tubeless is impossible without a CO2 cartridge (the tyre doesn't stay "up" to the rim as I had on Stan's rims)

2. Yes, it might be to the hubs being new, I removed the XO brake to be sure the rotor doesn't touch the pads (the video with the front wheel is with the brake removed). But on your bike if you rotate the wheels do they have the same behavior as in my movie, or they move much easier?

3. Yes, I will go these days but I don't expect to much, let's say that they lack of experience with Cannondale products...

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Try to put the rubber ring on the inside. I can't explain why you have those problems. Maybe try to find an air compressor somewhere? Inflate the tire, rotate the wheel.

I can't really compare to your video. As mentioned, I don't have any problems with my wheels, they roll perfectly.

They should still be able to tell that what you're experiencing is wrong. Oil should not leak from a brand new fork. They can contact Cannondale if they're in doubt. Or take it to another Cannondale retailer.

muntos

by muntos

I will try also this if somehow it doesn't solve by itself on the next ride.. :)
If yours rolls ok, then it might be that mine are new and need more riding time, because I hardly find that both hubs could have problems.

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Received the Smud saddle. Weight: 71 g on my scale.

The Fizik saddle I took off weighed 205 g on the same scale...

muntos

by muntos

Pictures and some riding feedback :-) ?

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Haven't ridden it yet, but it looks really nice, the finish is impressive.

muntos

by muntos

Looks really good, curious to see how looks also on bike, give it a ride and share your impressions.. :-)

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Nice saddle - how long did you wait? I'm thinking about ordering one :-)

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

I transferred the money in the middle of March, so almost 3.5 months. Apparently he was hospitalized at some point and fell behind his schedule. Order it before you need it :)

The shape is very much like the Speedneedle I had on my 26" hardtail. I really like it. It feels much more comfortable than the Fizik Tundra it replaced.

EDIT: I updated the first post with a summer photo :)

muntos

by muntos

Hi marsbar,

Again I come to you asking if you had encountered braking issues on front wheel, meaning that when you brake (moderate/high speed) the front wheel starts vibrate a lot?

Thanks
Alex

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

I have. I think it's the combination if brake discs and pads. Unfortunately Avid brakes are known to be noisy as far as I know.

muntos

by muntos

the_marsbar wrote:I have. I think it's the combination if brake discs and pads. Unfortunately Avid brakes are known to be noisy as far as I know.

Yes, I previously had Elixir 7, never encountered vibrations but they were awfully noisy.
At the beginning I has very happy with the X0 brakes, no noise, but now they started to make noise, a lot of vibrations reaching the handlebar and also noticed that the braking power dropped.
I will try replacing the pads and maybe the rotor, maybe they got contaminated
Do you know what kind of pads are stock, organic or sintered?
Regards,
Alex

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com