New Mavic shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi,
does anybody have more informations about these?
Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gleason

by gleason

Looks like an updated version of the Zxellium shoe. Same buckles and integrated tongue as the current zxellium but with the extra light, vented sole from the Huez. Hopefully a sneak peak of something to come in 2014.

tdudzik

by tdudzik

The bottoms of my 2013 Zxellium Ultimates look exactly the same with the vents, but the rubber toe and heel pads are much more minimalistic.

Geoff

by Geoff

Sure looks light, anyway!

mjduct

by mjduct

I can't tell is that carbon inserts on the sole or mesh? same with the upper construction.

Mesh sure would be nice in the South Texas summer as long as they fit snugly enough!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Kinda want... if it comes in black.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

gitsome

by gitsome

They are Yellow in color.
My wallet is the lightest thing on my bike.

headwind816

by headwind816

I wonder if a "maxi" version will be available ... mmm

MavicZack
in the industry

by MavicZack

Hey all,
how are you doing? after a crazy couple months I'm trying to get back on the forums here and there. What you're seeing is an updated Zxellium Ultimate. If you watch closely in the TdF, you'll see it's worn by a few riders. In fact, Dan Martin wears them and rode them to his stage win the other day.

I have to keep the details more or less under wraps, but suffice to say the upper is completely redesigned for lighter weight and more comfort. I don't think a Maxi size is possible, but a black color version ... we'll reveal more details at Eurobike!

Cheers -z
USA Communications Guy
Mavic, Inc.
http://www.mavic.com
http://www.facebook.com/mavic

bombertodd

by bombertodd

headwind816 wrote:I wonder if a "maxi" version will be available ... mmm

I hope so! :beerchug:

gitsome

by gitsome

i must say just received a pair of Mavic Fury mtb shoes and for top of line shoes they looked so badly made I returned them without even using them, sloppy glue job, "carbon" heelcup was offcenter and poorly glued as well, sides were cheap feeling and sloppily attached, rubber and carbon bits were sloppily fastened and glued, some glue marks all over placs shouldnt be, many parts off center. I hate the shiny plastic (ok thats personal) but for a $350+ shoe I couldn't stand them, they were returned immediately. Disappointed in Mavic as some of their other clothing has been quite nice. Poor craftsmanship low quality build on the Fury guys.,
Seriously feels like $30 knockoff but ordered from high end online retailer so its not. WTF Mavic.
But trying new Yksion tire on 595 and loving it even tho its supposed to be on frint weel and its on rear, excellent traction, excellent acceleration and solid grip. Maybe it will wear down faster but feels so good I dont care. So comfy feels like tubular even at 130 psi. Great job there.
My wallet is the lightest thing on my bike.

MavicZack
in the industry

by MavicZack

Thanks for the positive feedback on the tires.

I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience with the Fury shoes. I've never heard of such a problem, from anyone, anywhere. It makes me wonder if there is something funny happening, like maybe a counterfeit shoe that's not genuine Mavic. Or, a commercial sales sample that was never meant for re-sale. I don't know, but I promise you it's not a normal thing and we will investigate.
thanks, -z
USA Communications Guy
Mavic, Inc.

bombertodd

by bombertodd

Hey Zach!

Any idea what new mavic shoes will come in Maxi sizes too? I'm in the market for a new pair of shoes.

Also, I just wore out a set of Mavic clinchers (powerlink and griplink). They were good tires. They weren't as good as Veloflex or Evo Corsa but I felt they equal to Michelin Pro4. For the price I think they are good tires. Keep up the work and make more wide shoe models.

MavicZack
in the industry

by MavicZack

Hi Bombertodd, sorry for the delay my friend!
holy cow what a week ...

anyway we'll do maxi sizes in the Zxellium, the Rush, and the Avenge. 2 road and 1 mountain shoe. it's fairly limited at the moment but for sure you're not alone in hoping for wider shoes. I can tell you as a guy with wide feet, I love the Zxellium Maxi.

Glad you like the tires. I hope you can try the new version of the Yksion (2013 model) in size 25c. the wide one is FANTASTIC!

cheers- zack
USA Communications Guy
Mavic, Inc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

headwind816

by headwind816

@MavicZack - when will the maxi versions be available? I need to order some shoes :)