Got some really nice parts :-) new bike pg 6

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Martin.F

by Martin.F

It does, doesn't it? Nice build, looks great!

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Thanks Martin - do you have your fork set at 80 or 100 mm?

The rolling feeling or whatever you call it is fantastic - I was a little worried about the steering but even with a 620mm riser I didn't feel it was remarkable slow. The only thing is going from a fully to a hardtail on a dry rooty track - that was worse :-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

skyfire1202

by skyfire1202

Nice! Is that an M-sized frame? Seatpost looks short. Did you try an S-sized one?

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

I think it looks fine, it's just the handlebars that looks quite high. Too high?

Fed cykel :)

Martin.F

by Martin.F

Mine is at 100, I want all the travel I can get. I've never seen the Extralite in +-12deg, that was good information!

So, you ever take it of any sweet jumps?

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

The frame is medium - would probably fit the small a little better but now I'm giving this size a try :-)

You're right about the height of the handlebars - it looks high but it actually felt fine on the trails. Did some fairly steep climbs but didn't felt like going backwards. I'm considering the New Ultimate evo wide flatbar - this would lower the front a little bit.

No big jumps - just normal xc :-) the fork feels great with the 15mm qr.

The new Extralite is excepted around june (R2 told me)

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Found some nice trails almost in my backyard - pretty happy now :-P

Do you really think the frame looks too big? I think it looks good and most of all it feels really good in the singletracks.

Still waiting for the tubelesskit - looking forward to trying this. I'm running Michelin latex innertubes/Schwalbe Rocket Ron EVO 2.1" at the moment - pressure 25 psi and I'm a little bit afraid of snakebits when hitting rocks or roots so hope the tubeless will feel better.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I think it would look better with a -17 stem or a flat bar, but if the bike feels fine, ride it as is. Looks great!

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Got this fine Tune carbon bottlecage from R2 today - feels really fine and functional compared to the old New Ultimate cage.

DRAGON60

by DRAGON60

That Scott frame is a beautiful design. Nice build.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Thank you :-)

Just ordered a New Ultimate EVO flatbar (700mm) - looking forward to trying a much wider bar than I'm used to :-)

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Campagnolo Record QS front derailleur + BTP carbon clamp (34.9mm).

Tried it before on my Scott Spark but couldn't get it to work with my Sram XX triggers but will give it another try. A nice weight saving from the Sram XX front derailleur if it works :-)

Dennis

by Dennis

I tried this with a Dura ace on my Scale with the XX gripshift. I wouldn't work. Partly because of the smaller rings on a 29er and I also think that the Sram shifters use a smaller cable pull. I needed to place the derailleur to low on the seattube and also needed to much tension on the cable.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Yeah - I tried before but couldn't get the fd to move far enough to shift from the small chainring to the big but it must be possible to get a little bit of extra cable pull somehow :-)

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

New Ultimate EVO 700mm flatbar - a little disappointed since I was hoping for 110 grams but still a ok weight for a 700mm flatbar.

New Ultimate EVO 31.8/70mm stem.

So far the complete weight of the bike is 8.23 kg with latex innertubes. Also installed with Campagnolo Record front derailleur and got it to work after some small adjustments :-)

I hope that I soon can go tubeless and with some other small things the bike with be sub 8 kg.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com