Lightweights - Dura Ace 9000 compatible?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

In Lightweight Meilenstein, CarbonSportsGmbH wrote:All Lightweight rear wheels will be compatible to Shimano 11s. The new production has modified hubs, and there will be new DT freehub bodies (marked as 11s). Four different combinatins wiil be possible:
  • 10s wheel + 10s freehub body => 130mm wide, the well known setting up to now
  • 10s wheel + 11s freehub body => 131mm, wheel is 0,5mm off center to the left, when using 21t or 23t cassettes derailler may contact spokes (only with sprint rear wheel)
  • 11s wheel + 10s freehub body => 131mm, wheel is 0,5mm off center to the right
  • 11s wheel + 11s freehub body => 131mm (spacer needed to use 10s cassettes here, spacer is part of purchased parts package)

In Lightweight Meilenstein, CarbonSportsGmbH wrote:
HammerTime2 wrote:So is there no spoke contact problem for all 10 speed Lightweight wheels other than sprint? What about Ventoux Gen. II or Gen. III with DT 240 or DT 190 plus new (11s) freehub? What are the consequences of being 0,5 mm off center?

- Ventoux could be critical as well, as they are 24spoked. The "contact area" are the knots where the spokes are bended together...
- 0,5mm off center does not really matter... many wheels come off center and you would never realise during riding. Lots of frames might be off center as well..

tommyb

by tommyb

coppercook62 wrote:Does anyone know if the Dt Swiss 11 speed rotor and dura ace 9000 cassette will work with Lightweight generation 3 wheels? I did a search didn't really understand it.

Works perfect :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

coppercook62

by coppercook62

Thank you

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Not sure if I've missed this but what about Generation 1 lightweights with the Dura ace cassette body?
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

Ufgators

by Ufgators

I was wondering if I would be able to switch to dura ace di2 11 speed and simply switch my free hub body like I would if I was switching to campy. I would appreciate the help.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Ufgators, if you have a DT hub, yes, see my post above http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=103734&start=15#p952798, as long as you don't have a 24 spoke rear wheel. So if have you have a Lightweight Standard (based on another post from you), then you should be able to switch to an 11-speed freehub.

Ufgators

by Ufgators

Thanks for the help!

jimmym1302

by jimmym1302

Hi, Im sitting with the same query, have you done the conversion and did it work?

Ive changed mine but having issues with gearing into the small cog (doesnt go into gear easily, especially under pressure) and a bit of rub on the frame.

Ive heard that even though you can convert Lightweight have advised not too as the spacing isnt correct and it will cause long term issues.

petal666

by petal666

What about the older white Lightweight disc. Will that work with the 11 speed DT Freehub? I can't remember how close the RD is to the disc.