GoldenCheetah v3.0 released today

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eric

by eric

On most charts there is a hidden menu. Move the mouse to the upper left corner of the chart and click on the tiny gray triangle that appears.

select custom, then 'all chart settings'. click on one power series you want. If you want more hold down 'alt' and click on those.
(its alt for me on Linux. may be different on some other OS).

There is another hidden menu in the upper center.

This is why I dislike hidden menus.

Murphs

by Murphs

Thanks eric!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Fantastic. Thank you.

Now, if only we could select a certain time (ala V2) easily...

liversedge

by liversedge

eric wrote:On most charts there is a hidden menu. Move the mouse to the upper left corner of the chart and click on the tiny gray triangle that appears. ... There is another hidden menu in the upper center.

This is why I dislike hidden menus.

If there is a menu marker how is it hidden?
It is unobtrusive -- for good reason -- we don't want to confuse new users -- complexity is revealed.

FWIW, we use the same icons as Google (ref Google+ and Chrome menu icons). And there is a section in the FAQ on the menus too.

Mark

liversedge

by liversedge

Tinea Pedis wrote:Fantastic. Thank you.

Now, if only we could select a certain time (ala V2) easily...

The ltm charts setup is the same as in v2, you select data series from a metric list, if you need more than 1 metric you need to use ctrl+click to select then (like in v2). It is under chart settings and the custom tab.

FWIW, we are changing it for v3.1 to remove the ctrl-click UI element since many users are not used to selecting multiple entries from a list like this :)

euan

by euan

liversedge wrote:
euan wrote:not had any problems with V3 Beta besides the occasional crash when creating manual activities.

Yowser!

Thats not good, any chance you can describe how to recreate the issue? we need to fix that!

I updated to the release version last night, I'll let you know how I get on with it. Using OS X 10.8

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Just in from Mark

liversedge wrote:http://vimeo.com/68292184

Ctrl+Click to choose another metric and right click to adjust the settings.
We're going to change this in v3.1, in fact here are the mockups for the new dialog:

https://raw.github.com/GoldenCheetah/Go ... ttings.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers,
Mark

will help

Krackor

by Krackor

Minor bug found: When on the Analysis -> Ride tab, in "Stacked" mode, switching between "X Axis: Time" and "X Axis: Distance" will not update immediately, e.g. if the chart has time on the x axis and I switch to distance, it will continue to display with time on the x axis until I trigger a chart update elsewhere. Selecting a different activity seems to work as a chart update trigger.

If not in "Stacked" mode, everything seems to work fine.

liversedge

by liversedge

Thanks Krakor -- will look at it.

airwise

by airwise

Love being able to create charts that I've wanted for a while, my only problem is I can"t find where to choose the colour for the metrics contained within. It doesn't appear in the chart menu nor in the main appearance one. Having issues with some colours clashing and being hard to read.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

It's in the vimeo link I quoted from Mark.

airwise

by airwise

Many thanks TP - got it now.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Ok, so v3 is terrific. No doubt.

Anyone else though having some issues? Mainly that it crashes. Quite a bit. Also it now seems the 'find intervals' function (which I love) is now not working...

claus

by claus

Tinea Pedis wrote:Mainly that it crashes. Quite a bit. Also it now seems the 'find intervals' function (which I love) is now not working...

If it crashes: send a mail with details to the GC list (there's even some "crash report" now?). The developers are very interested in those and fix bugs almost immediately...

"not working" isn't a very useful problem description. If you can provide some details, please do so on the GC list
(BTW: it is "working" for me... but maybe I just don't use it in the way you do?)

boysa

by boysa

Mine occasionally flashes a crash msg on startup, but then opens just fine. The GC forum is certainly the place to pursue any issues you may be having.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com