Puritan's Pride vs. Vitamin Shoppe-which brand for CO Q-10?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

J-Nice

by J-Nice

I was looking into this particular supplement and between the two companies mentioned in the thread title, the Vitamin Shoppe brand is much more expensive.

The few supplements I do purchase are from Vitamin Shoppe, so to me they have always been trustworthy with decent prices. I've never heard of the Puritan's Pride brand, so if anyone who is familiar with this company can give me their feedback on the quality of their products in general and/or the CO Q-10 in particular I would be much obliged.
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Have you taken a look at the offerings (and reviews) at iherb.com ?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

J-Nice

by J-Nice

Yes, I have. They don't carry products from wither company I inquired about.

Thanks anyway for the link.
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

addictR1

by addictR1

my parents always bought eh CO Q10 from puritan pride. but lately, been getting those from Costco. just did a recent physical and my doc recommend me to take CO Q10 or Omega3.

@prendrefeu: have you bought from iherb before?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Yes, I have. I've ordered a mix of stuff from them, really. A few vitamins or specific things such as Ginko Biloba, Lysine, etc:. I like a hot cocoa mix they carry, and they carry a antiperspirant/deodorant that I really like (non-sport use only though, for cycling I use something more long lasting). Anyway, yes, they have pretty darn good prices on a variety of things so I tend to check in with them to see if they have what I'm looking for at a good price. Shipping is cheap and quick.

You can also check out PureBulk.com. I order their Beta-Alanine caps and they've been fantastic. They probably have the CO Q10 in their own caps. In past years, when I was making my own home-concoction of Hammer Nutrition's Perpeteum, I pretty much bought all the ingredients from them as well. I found them to be very reliable.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

addictR1

by addictR1

wow... i'd like to know more about "home-concoction of Hammer Nutrition's Perpeteum"... i'll PM you...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NealH

by NealH

Dietary Supplements and Sports Performance: Introduction and Vitamins
Melvin H Williams

Antioxidants
Antioxidant vitamins include vitamins C, E and beta-carotene, while coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a lipid with vitamin characteristic

Only limited data are available, but these studies have shown that CoQ10 supplementation to healthy young or older subjects did not influence lipid peroxidation, heart rate, maximal oxygen uptake, anaerobic threshold, or cycling endurance performance [20–23]

One study reported that CoQ10 supplementation was associated with muscle tissue damage and actually impaired cycling performance compared to the placebo treatment

http://www.jissn.com/content/1/2/1"