S-Works Ducati 6.88 kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

It would be a sweet bike with something like Schwalbe Furious Freds, Maxxis MaxxLite 285/310s or even Continental Race Kings. Either way, the bike would look much better with mountain bike tires IMHO.

Flere hilsner fra Aarhus.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

What about Specialized Renegades? Might be more durable than the options you listed..

DRAGON60

by DRAGON60

Congratulations SpOOn----you have created a tool crafted to yourself and your differing conditions.

She's a Beauty and I hope she serves you well. 21" frame and that length of seatpost---you must be 6'6 or even taller.

Your build thread was very enjoyable. When I was a boy the 10 speed was just starting to become popular----now we have bikes with 20 to 33 gears. I guess your Speciaized is a 10 speed and makes sense in your situation.

Very very nice. :thumbup: :thumbup:

spOOn1965

by spOOn1965

-"Exactemundo" , -Dragon, -You nailed it..!
- A Tool, crafted for specific needs ! ....-Tool, -a fine Word.. "-This is My Tool, for fast moving !", -I can use that !
And You'r almost right about height, -I'm 6ft4 -no shoes.

Do It Your Self tip :
When using 1x10 setup, You don't have the front-mech to "hold" the chain, if it should come off the Chain-ring !
-If it falls inwards, the BB area will take some hits. -If outwards, -the crank, arm, pedals, will feel pain !
I already made this chain-keeper a month ago (only simple alu I-beam to "roof" the chain), but it's been updated to version 2.0

It's made from known spareparts. The "New" ring enclosing the chain, is made from the cut-off piece from My Noir handlebars.
Then hacksawed (very precise angled cut, to attach the alu beam), some carbon fibre wrapping, -and resins on top.. Total weight incl. 34.9clamp,bolt nut washers : 17.7gr.
Re-cycle n resin.jpg
Chain keeper proto tp. 2.jpg
Chain Keeper tp.2 (584x610).jpg

And I got these Continental Grandprix 26x 1.125" Claimed 250gr. Real weight 230gr. +/-3gr. !
Chili Compound.jpg

They are used by some of the professional bike-delivery-crews here in Copenhagen, and were recommended to Me, as a supergripping, fast experience... -Can't wait to test them !
-Will Race for food..

DRAGON60

by DRAGON60

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag1 ... cff5cd.jpg

I put an older set of Avocet Cross tires----1.25" on my Specialized because I have other bikes for off-road and it's too nice and classic to beat up. Actually---so am I----lol.

It really changes the bike's character and I kind of prefer it at the moment instead of my Everti titanium roadbike.

Good idea on the chain keeper----I hate it when a chain comes off and just does a nasty on a good paintjob.

I'll look out for those Continental Grand Prixs---nice weight.

DRAGON

spOOn1965

by spOOn1965

Wow.... ! Thats a nice Blue Stumpjumper !
-Just My kind of bike....
The comfort and overdimensioned (strong MTB) parts, combined with minimal(or no) nobs on tires..-mmmm mmm -Very goood..!
That's why I end up with My bike-setup !
-Will Race for food..

DRAGON60

by DRAGON60

Thanks SpOON---it'sa 1996 M2----great special alloy frame

Looking for the Continentals but have only found the folding ones that are weighing 310. If you could provide a link as to where I can buy them it would be appreciated.

I live in Victoria on Vancouver Island in Canada so a triple crankset is a necessity here---the hills can be a killer. :up:

DRAGON

spOOn1965

by spOOn1965

-If it's the code 559-28 (26x 1 1/8) and folding, -Then it's the right ones !
I was a Little confused about how the seller listed them in weights, and fold/nonfold.
But as long as the code (size) is correct, and folding, then You'll get the light (250gr.) type.

Regarding M2 frames.
I'm looking at one in red(19"), with yellow decals, and the original rigid Cr-Mo forks..
Bad paint shape, but perfect in surface. -And very cheap... I think I must save the poor basterd from decay...
I will post soon, if I get it.
-Will Race for food..

DRAGON60

by DRAGON60

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag1 ... 6444a8.jpg

Thanks SpOOn-------used to be a Ducati nut----think I had 5 or 6 over the years. This one I built twice---the first time was not satisfactory. I bought it race-ready----bump start and open megaphone and converted it to street use---450 desmo valves--twin plug head and weighed around 230 lbs------great bike.

Will try to find that coded tire now. :google:

DRAGON

spOOn1965

by spOOn1965

You are full of surprises.. A true Vintage Ducati ! Today, -at the price of the tip of a jet-plane...

The Continentals I got, are from a German Online retailer, called HS Bike-discount. I don't know if they ship out of Europe.
Last edited by spOOn1965 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Will Race for food..

DRAGON60

by DRAGON60

LOL-----saw your post in the Specialized Tarmac thread------just perfect------your sense of humour is about like mine.

WARNING!!!----some people have NO sense of humour. But just do what you do-----a laugh can sometimes save a life :beerchug:

DRAGON

spOOn1965

by spOOn1965

Performance update :
14 days of use, -the razor sharpe edges of chain, cassette and ring, are beginning to round, and work friction free.
I only use minimal dry ceramic lube on chain.(Checking in the dark, with UV-torch. -Very amusing.)

-Big Balls.
As earlier, in the build thread, I had My concerned eye on the light weight Pulley Wheels !
I used 5.8gr. Aerozine Wheel for lower pulley only, because of the small(weak) balls and races...
-And My suspicion was justified ! -When checked w. chain on -PLAY !!! -Disassembling the rear mech, -and the bearing was dead ! (sandy play) !!
Fragile......jpg

-And I Don't Like Cheap, Light Stuff, that breaks when used !
Weight On ! I have to add 10gr. -The extra comes from Industrial Hybrid Ceramic Bearings incased in massive Black shiny CNC'ed aluminium. Total weight, as I exchange both Wheels, 24gr. a pair. (14gr. for failed light weight set)
They are Much stronger, and perfect in looks. (And easy to clean)
HC heavy duty.jpg
Wrruuum.. -Aahhh......jpg
No play today.jpg

Definately worth the extra 10gr. !
-Will Race for food..