Bedford Stainless... Steel meets weenie meets geek. Review

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Devon

by Devon

I was simply using it as a colour reference as the frame is a very similar shade.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

alexh wrote:
Also I have to ask, what on earth is going on with the seatpost? I've never seen anything like that before.

It’s in the article… It’s an ISP with a KCNC Seat mast topper (Majestic) painted to match the lugs.

Tinea Pedis wrote:With all due respect to that Lynskey, it's like saying your Ferrari would look better if you used this Ford Focus body kit.
But Charles, come on man. That headset and not a one Roethlisberger pun? :lol:

I ‘m not sure what I coulda said! “unlike Number 7 this thing will still be able to turn right and left after a couple of years?”. “It’s a little chunky but it works well and has balls?” “It’s smart enough to go on a bicycle rather than a motorcycle”?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

"It smooths out bumps in the road like Roethlisberger's attorney does for Ben's civil cases"? ;)

There's more. But maybe not fit for Pez.

I was simply using it as a colour reference as the frame is a very similar shade.

I'd say Charles has done a great job of explaining the rationale behind it.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Not to dis CharlesM or TP, but none of these can hold a candle to Bike Snob NYC's "handles corners like a prostitute". Not only is it, as far as I know, the original, and indeed the creator of its genre, but it's simply the best. You guys are like a 5th grade girl on a Schwinn Stingray, behind a leadout train of 4th grade girls on Schwinn Stingrays, trying to outsprint Cav - even hopped up on steroids in a particle accelerator on greased monkeys you're not going to do it.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

No, we just have bosses to answer to and a rating to keep the piece in :lol:

And I'll bet Bike Snob wasn't the first with that line.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

I'm not close to caring about that race in any case...

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I liked the thought behind the design of the bike...the final result is so so...aesthetically. But opinions are...well?

Didn't care one bit for the tone of the article in parts...

User Name

by User Name

I once used "climbs like an African Bush Baby" (supposedly the fastest tree climber on the plant), but not many people know what Bush Babies are :D