Chainrings for Sram XX chainrings

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kastrup

by Kastrup

I am looking for some new chainrings for my XX crank. The one i have now is the stock Truvativ made XX branded one which requires the special chainrings bolts. Having just recently overtightened two of those i am now looking for a 120 bcd chainring which used the standard 2x10 narrow chainring bolts, my question is if anyone knows of such a chainring?

One of my usual internet shops carries both Bor, Tune and TA. I have had much luck with TA chainrings on my roadbikes but i am wondering if they a designed like the Truvativ with threading incorporated into the chainring thus also using the special XX crank bolts.

I know for a fact the Rotor makes chainrings which mounts using normal chainrings bolts, but they are a tad to expensive for me unfortunately.

thanks in advance,

Emil Kastrup
"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

devinci

by devinci

not sure about the bolt thing but back when I was running a XX crankset I was purchasing either the TA 120mm ring or the X9-XO one, never had any problem and the TA are well priced.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kastrup

by Kastrup

Did the bolts on the TA thread directly into the chainring or did you use regular chainring bolts?
"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

planB

by planB

I believe Race Face makes what you are looking for. I had a set. They work just fine and if my memory is correct, they came with regular chainring bolts.

devinci

by devinci

I used my XX bolts so I presume they were threaded..

I have some raceface on order right now for my SRM cranks