shifting issue with different cassette

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

devinci

by devinci

my bike shifts good on my cheap sram 10spd cassette but shifts badly when on the bigger cog of my XO cassette.

The XO cassette is brand new, the cheap one has a bit of mielage on it but not much, and the chain was replaced earlier this season, not long ago too. I changed the cable and housing last week but the problem persists on the XO cassette.

Any idea what it could be? I will look at the B-screw setting just because I ma not sure it's well set and will look at the pulley wear. Will any 11T pulley do the trick, like this one http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=49729

thanks

TheRookie

by TheRookie

Is the largest ring the same size on both cassettes?

Did you re-index at all when you changed cassettes?
Impoverished weight weenie wanna-be!
Budget 26" HT build viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110956

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

devinci

by devinci

yeah ring is same size. I tried to index it to the new cassette when I changed cable and housing but it wasnt succesful, then all was good when going back to my older cassette. There is a clicking noise when going onto the 2nd or 3rd innermost cog on the new cassette.

grover

by grover

obviously ensure the b-tension is set at 12mm from the bottom of the big cog when the bike is in the easiest gear.

the x.o cassette tends to sit a little more inboard than their other cassettes (fractions of a millimetre). do you need to screw out the low limit screw a little? if this is the case then you probably do need a bit more cable tension compared to your old cassette as well.

if that doesn't work start from the beginning and check your derailleur hanger. i've found that x.o and x.x cassettes are more sensitive than cheaper cassettes.

devinci

by devinci

thanks thats helpful grover!

I have played with the L screw yesterday as the derailleur was sitting a bit too much toward the spokes. The cassette now shifts better, the only clicking noise I can hear now is when on the small ring and on the 36T cog at the back, think I can live with that clicking noise for a while...

quantum_Rider

by quantum_Rider

devinci wrote:thanks thats helpful grover!

I have played with the L screw yesterday as the derailleur was sitting a bit too much toward the spokes. The cassette now shifts better, the only clicking noise I can hear now is when on the small ring and on the 36T cog at the back, think I can live with that clicking noise for a while...

Have you checked the front derailleur? If the cassette sits more inboard clicking noise might come from chain hitting your FD.

devinci

by devinci

definitly not the case

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com