"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

bruno2000 wrote:Big news in the belgian newspaper today.
Gilbert complaining about the new Shimano Dura-Ace 9070 DI groupset.
He says Shimano did not enough testing.
I just remembered that Team Sky is wining nearly every stage-race this season with the same group...strange :noidea:

Not quite......Wiggins' gear problems cost him dear at the Giro del Trentino

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rob81

by Rob81

KWalker wrote:Kinda curious since the guy has ridden one of these for years.

it doesn't seem so: http://www.tdwsport.com/en/imagedesk/se ... D=&index=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2013 pic?

and

petepeterson

by petepeterson

devinci wrote:and I bet coming from a MTB background he has some pretty mad bike handling skills...

Yeah I can confirm that. Growing up watching and racing against him in MTB and then on the road he was fast going down as well as up. Requisite skill to be a successful MTBer in British Columbia.

KWalker

by KWalker

so is Matt Goss the Australian Tyler Farrar basically?

Edit: I know, he is Tasmanian, not the same place, get that part, so lets say the Farrar of Oceania
Last edited by KWalker on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

devinci

by devinci

ahah incoming aussie missiles on KW me thinks

KWalker

by KWalker

Its got nothing to do with being Australian, Tasmanian, or nationality, its that he's consistently (aside from having MSR and more GT stage wins) 2nd much like Farrar. For a sprinter that has just got to suck.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

fa63

by fa63

2nd is better than being 5th or 50th, or last. At least they are up there fighting for a win, which can't be said of many riders in the peloton.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Is there a chart or database somewhere that can offer comparisons for number of place finishes between currently active sprinters?

I'd like to see comparisons of Ciolek, Greipel, Cavendish (who will obviously be at or near the top), Offredo, Farrar, Goss, and others, if that is possible.
Some of you are darn good at keeping track of wins and places among the pros! :lol:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

genesis692

by genesis692

KWalker wrote:so is Matt Goss the Australian Tyler Farrar basically?

Edit: I know, he is Tasmanian, not the same place, get that part, so lets say the Farrar of Oceania

Are you implying that Tasmania isn't part of Australia? I'm confused.

I'd say the comparison with Farrar is somewhat accurate though.... he seems to struggle (or at least not win) when the competition is really top class.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Guess Hawaii isn't part of America :lol:

Will agree on struggling to finish off races. Only difference really is Farrar has been at it for longer. And aside from taking up the no.1 sprinters position on their team, they are actually still earning UCI points. Which is a big part of why Farrar is still there.

Won't hear any argument from me though that GE need to look at their sprinter situation/squad as a whole.

Murphs

by Murphs

djconnel wrote:I love that track sprinting photo. It sort of makes it clear how absurd it is 57 kg climber-types being concerned about handlebar stiffness.

I posted it only to compare the width

KWalker

by KWalker

Tinea Pedis wrote:Guess Hawaii isn't part of America :lol:

Will agree on struggling to finish off races. Only difference really is Farrar has been at it for longer. And aside from taking up the no.1 sprinters position on their team, they are actually still earning UCI points. Which is a big part of why Farrar is still there.

Won't hear any argument from me though that GE need to look at their sprinter situation/squad as a whole.

I didn't know how Australians/Tasmanians settle the difference honestly and did not want to accidentally offend anyone. Quite honestly Australia seems like a really cool place but I know next to nothing about the culture there oddly. Didn't want the Goss diss to ignite some kind of tension I did not know about.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

mentok

by mentok

Totally different. Goss doesn't crash nearly as often as Farrar.

Ghost234

by Ghost234

While Hesjedal's bike position may seem a little different, he makes it work exceptionally well. His bike handling skills are some of the best in the peloton (Sagan and Evans may be two big names that are equally skilled). Do not forget, he raced and won the Giro riding that position. The descents in the Giro are not exactly tame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

trychle

by trychle

Prendrefeu, here you go: http://www.cyclingdatabase.com/head-to-head

Maybe this is slightly off topic, but does anyone know where to find the picture of the winterbike of Hesjedal?
It was a custom steel (or titanium), mtb with drop bars, which I believe was posted in this thread, but I can no longer find.