Campagnolo - still the bees knees?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Liggero, just had a look on Ribble and Veloce is approx £50 cheaper than 105.
Campag offers carbon chainsets in the lower groups. So what?

It appears you just want to argue over everything that is written in this thread.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

105 - £625
Veloce -£451
Apex - £540

The Campagnolo price is pretty much full retail, whereas SRAM in particular and Shimano to a degree are discounted to allow us to compete with mail order.

Online Campagnolo Veloce is still cheaper than 105.

It helps if you base your assertions on facts not your beliefs. That way you won't look ever more foolish with each one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Liggero

by Liggero

Dude, where did you got those prices???? What a joke. My 105 Full was 420€ shipped. It was 450€ in bike discount germany.

This discussion is completely pointless, u really dont know what u are talking about imho...
Happy Trails !!!

Liggero

by Liggero

For less than 700€ i can get an ultegra.

And as i told u, i prefer my 105 to my campy record. It'a heavier and has no cool carbon, but it's way more quiet.
Happy Trails !!!

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Liggero wrote:For less than 700€ i can get an ultegra.

And as i told u, i prefer my 105 to my campy record. It'a heavier and has no cool carbon, but it's way more quiet.

Great. I presume that's online so you're happy to have to wait for warranty issues to be fixed?

As for your Record being noisier than 105, that's more likely down to the installation. Any pics of this Record bike? Just curious.

Liggero

by Liggero

Sure. Not online, it's a local shop in the Netherlands, they also have the best price of Sidi, in the world. They sell Veloce for 375€. I don't think is a good idea to promote this shop here, but anyways it's here. And yes, you can purchase online too, and they provide a perfect warranty service and customer service.

About the Pinarello with record, yes I have pictures, and no, I won't upload them, as I don't have to probe anything. It's my father's bike, he craves for Campy, as he used record in his previous bike, an Otero custom made with Columbus tubes in Madrid, from mid 80's. He doesn't have much technical knowledge about bikes, as he has better things to do. I do the bike mainteinance, so it's perfectly set up, as perfect as mine, although I run now alligator cables, and the Pina has campy cables and housing. Shifting in the Pina is a perfect as it can get, with very good feedback from the levers, even better than Shimano, but more noisy in the shifting and in the riding in general. I'm talking about 105 versus campy record from, I guess 2011, 11 speed. The comparison of 105 versus veloce would be a shame, as it also would be a shame to compare the buttery soft new dura-ace 9000 with any campy groupset. I have tested the dura ace 9000, which is beyond any groupset ever developed in terms of lower noise and extremely low effort in the levers, specially the front shifter.
Happy Trails !!!

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Installation quality then.

Liggero

by Liggero

Installation quality?¿?¿ I think it's more related to the current situation of my zodiac sign, as Jupiter was in line with the moon every time I use it, and every time I have used a Campy bike.
Or maybe it was related to the acoustics conditions of the street I was riding the bike. You see, acoustics environment makes a huge difference.

Still funny how you recommend me Veloce, that is the 6th groupset of campy, and has plastic levers on the shifters, versus the third of Shimano, and still 105 is more silence that record... You left me speechless. Actually, we have in the garage a bike with campy plastic shifters too. It's from the 90's, I can't recall if they are Veloce or Centaur.

One thing is for sure. If you have a decent frame, like a Gios, or a good all bianchi, a good old Pinarello, de rosa, pasoni, or even a pre trek klein, or a good ti frame, or a Pegoretti, you have to go campy, other option would be a shame and embarrasing IMHO. Same with current independent frame manufacturers. Also they have the best ergonomics in the shifter and provide good feedback, but it's more noisy than shimano, eps sucks and front shifting is behind current shimano and current sram. It's not due to setup or installation. I guess you are very used to that excuse while dealing with Londoner dentists.

Have a nice summer!!!
Happy Trails !!!

airwise

by airwise

These comments about noise just point to you being a very poor mechanic. I bought Campag because it is virtually silent compared to my DA and Force. I'm starting to think you are a simple troll. Sad.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Liggero wrote:One thing is for sure, in my opinion. If you have a decent frame, like a Gios, or a good all bianchi, a good old Pinarello, de rosa, pasoni, or even a pre trek klein, or a good ti frame, or a Pegoretti, you have to go campy, other option would be a shame and embarrasing IMHO. Same with current independent frame manufacturers. Also I think they have the best ergonomics in the shifter and provide good feedback, but I find it noisier than shimano, I don't rate eps and I reckon their front shifting is behind current shimano and current sram.
Fixed it for you. Less arrogant & more measured.
It's not due to setup or installation. I guess you are very used to that excuse while dealing with Londoner dentists.
Why would I have to make excuses for correctly installed parts? You don't work for us!!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Cheers Liggero, that will conclude your input in here. I don't want to lock this thread, so I think that's for the best.

Any issues, PM me.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Haha now we know who you are Liggero it's fair to say your a troll king. Stick to mtbs you seen to actually have worthwhile experience with such things. 105 is low end ome spec group not even in the same game as chorus/record/SR or DA and di2... :noidea:

r_mutt

by r_mutt

i'll take 105 over rival any day of the week.

Geoff

by Geoff

@Tinea Pedis, I've messed-up enough interval sets by missing a front shift to call it a 'pain'. :) First-world problems, though.

I grew-up on Campagnolo and on a Team thick with Shimano-haters. Do I prefer Campagnolo? Definitely. Is Shimano as good? I would offer a grudging 'probably'. I have been on Di2 for the past 4 years. It is fantastic. I am just thankful that EPS is better (whew).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com