GoldenCheetah v3.0 released today

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

liversedge

by liversedge

Hi,

We are delighted to announce that GoldenCheetah v3.0 has been released today.

V3 introduces a lot of new features, and has been under development for over 2 years. Some of the highlights include;

- Support for lots more metrics including W/KG, VAM, Gradient, TSS, NP, IF and many others
- Support for web services from Strava, TrainingPeaks, RideWithGPS, Withings, Zeo, CalDAV
- Support for Osync, SRM PC7, Joule and Joule GPS bike computers
- Support for LR balance, Headwind, Temperature and Slope data series
- Native ANT+ support for realtime training plus Video, StreetView, SpinScan and others
- Some new charts 2d, HrPw, Bing Maps and most charts extended with lots of new options
- Orthogonal charting of metrics and data series and annotate with events
- Advanced search and data filtering globally or for a specific chart

The UI/UX has been completely overhauled and we even wrote some documentation.

You can download binaries for Windows or Mac here: http://www.goldencheetah.org/download.html whilst Debian packages are posted and will be available via apt-get shortly.

There are lots of folks to thank but the standout contributors are Damien Grauser, Gareth Coco and Ale Martinez. See the release notes for a full list of credits and contributors.

Work on v3.1 starts today!

Regards,
Mark

mentok

by mentok

awesome, great work guys. downloading now.

I've had a few plays with v3 betas and RCs over the last few months and i'm really amazed at what you guys have been able to put together.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Excellent!

Although, seem to have some issue finding the 'metrics' page...

And is there going to be the ability to see where in your ride you laid down a specific 'time vs power'? Like how on TP where you can see where you best 20 min power for that ride was produced.

rjl6789

by rjl6789

from memory, the metrics are in the analysis tab -> Summary. Lot's of metrics by default and you add more from the preference menu.

When in the analysis tab with the sidebar visible you can find the best (peak?) intervals by clicking on the three lines in the interval list - by default it creates the 20min (and a few more besides) which when selected you can see highlighted in the Ride and other charts. You can also delete and rename intervals from this menu. I think there is also a find intervals option on the Tools menu.

liversedge

by liversedge

To plot metrics according to a date range i.e. plot best 20min power for the last year, then go to the home page (on the scope bar you will see home, diary, analysis and train) and choose aerobic power tab.

You can add your own charts (they are called long term metrics) and choose from a number of preset charts or choose whatever metrics you want (and how they look).

As for best x sec power that you will find in the Critical Power curve. Under analysis you will see the current ride's cp curve showing bests from 1s to the length of the ride.

If you switch to the home view you are looking a charting for a date range (i.e. not a ride like in analysis). Here the CP chart plots the bests for the date range selectedin the sidebar.

If you want to find the peak power intervals in a ride then under tools->find peak power choose Peak Power and Standard, create intervals and add to intervals and it will find and add the peak intervals just like WKO does.

DuncanS

by DuncanS

Sweeeet! Looking forward to loading this up!

Tinea Pedis wrote:And is there going to be the ability to see where in your ride you laid down a specific 'time vs power'? Like how on TP where you can see where you best 20 min power for that ride was produced.

Pretty sure "find best intervals" on the old version did what you're asking for, but maybe it's a bit more accessible and useful (for ride comparisons etc.) now.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Found metrics page. Although still not able to drop out all bar one specific 'aerobic' or 'anaerobic' time that I am looking for.

What I was after is actually this

liversedge wrote:If you want to find the peak power intervals in a ride then under tools->find peak power choose Peak Power and Standard, create intervals and add to intervals and it will find and add the peak intervals just like WKO does.

although had to use the 'custom' button. Still, got me there :beerchug: and from there can highlight it in the ride plot.

The above (minor) issue aside, the new version is great!

pagey

by pagey

Stupid question I know, but where does Golden Cheeter fit in with products like Training Peaks

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

It's a free version, and open source code, of.

eric

by eric

Thanks Mark for all your hard work getting this out.

dvincere

by dvincere

I really look forward to the Linux packages being available soon. I absolutely love Golden Cheetah and it is the only tool I use besides a spreadsheet to monitor training. Thank you for all your work.

devinci

by devinci

can we now create custom ranges in a ride file?

liversedge

by liversedge

If by 'custom range' you mean an interval then yes -- but thats been there for a while, just click and drag in the ride plot.

If by 'custom range' you mean like in WKO+ where you canset a reference line on the ride plot (say at your FTP watts) then thats planned for 3.1 (its already written but didn't make it into 3.0).

Or did you mean something else?

devinci

by devinci

bit of both, I was never able to ighlight a specific part of a ride and obtain average metrics for that specific part in GC. Marking intervals/range just like in SRMWin or WKO+ is a pretty handy feature.

I also struggled a lot to convert my wko+ files to GC and have them show the comments I had writen in wko+

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

angrylegs

by angrylegs

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere. I can probably research it and figure it out, but since there's a topic specifically on v3.0:

How do I import all my user data and ride data from 2.x into 3.0? First thing I was asked when I launched 3.0 was to create a new user, with no option to import older data. I don't want to do that, so I quit until I can figure it out. On a Mac.

Also, thanks so much for your work Mark. Love Golden Cheetah.