Specialized S works shoes. please help sizing.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

krono

by krono

Iwant to buy Specialized S works shoes with and I was wondering if anyone has a number of 40th. I can not try some because in our shop they dont have this shoes. I would ask if anyone has this number and be nice and measured to see how large it is. Now I have shoes that are about 27 cm long. Thank you.
Last edited by Frankie - B on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited the topic title as it was to generic.

NealH

by NealH

Remember that you can purchase straight from Specialized and they give you a 30 day trial period. Can't beat that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie13

by Frankie13

I wear size 40 S Works. The label reads 25.5cm. I wear the same size in my Shimano shoes 40 and 25.2cm. The S works are the best fitting shoes I had so far. I had Sidis, still have Adidas, Mavics, Shimano but the Spez. are my favorite.

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

If it helps at all, I went from 41.5 in Northwave team shoes to 41.5 S-Works team shoes, and they both seemed to fit well.

krono

by krono

Frankie 13. Would you be so kind to measure the entire length of the shoe. You put it on the wall and measure the spokes to boot. You can also gauge front. My foot is 25.6 cm long example. The table says that the number was 25.5 for the 40th I tried it the number 41, but it was 1 cm too long for me.Too bad they do not have 40.5, so I do not know whether it was right for me 40.

Frankie13

by Frankie13

Ok, I put the shoe against the wall and it measured 26.5cm.
I took out the footbed and it was exactly 25.5cm.
I hope this helps. I had the same problem when I bought the shoe, nobody had my size in stock. I tried a cheaper model and used the size that fitted best. The guy from the store told me at that time it would be the same fit as the S works and he was right. 40 for me was right on.

krono

by krono

Thank you Frankie. Very helping me. I think that I will ordered that shoes. Thank you again.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I'll add that I went from a 45 Sidi to a 44 Specialized Pro (which I think has the same sizing/shape as the S-Works, which at the time did not come in wide widths.)

Frankie13

by Frankie13

topflightpro wrote:I'll add that I went from a 45 Sidi to a 44 Specialized Pro (which I think has the same sizing/shape as the S-Works, which at the time did not come in wide widths.)

My sidi have been 41 and I went down one size as well. I also have to say the sidi's have been to narrow in front for me and gave me pain after about 25miles. The S works have a wider front section what I prefer.

krono

by krono

I tried Sidi 41 and I had a narrow front. In length would probably be ok with. So we should be With 40 works just right. Now I Nortwave 40.5, internal input is 25.7 cm.

jvanv8

by jvanv8

I took the advice of many and ordered 1 EU size down from my SIDI's and it was a very bad fit.
For me, 42 Sidi = 42 S-Works.
It doesn't really matter though since it's impossible to find these shoes in the US outside of major cities.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I found the same thing with sizing from Sidi to Special as they fit the same. I was disappointed when I was about to purchase a pair of Special on sale in the same size and they did not fit at all like the previous pair. I don't know if they are inconsistent with sizing or it was an isolated case. I have a pair of Lake 401 now that I like way better.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rick

by Rick

For me, the Spec size chart is accurate: Size 9 US = Size 42 Spec.

My first pair was a 42.5, and that was just a bit too "roomy", so I went back to 42. The 42.5 was useable for a full season though. I am a pretty solid size 9 in most US shoes. I used 43 in Shimano, which is in accordance with the Shimano size chart. When I first went from Shim to Spec, I was overcautious because the Shim shoes had pinched my toes in from the sides, so I bought the Spec a bit too roomy. But the Spec have a "fuller" toe box, so going back to 42 is still long enough and no pinching.