Swissstop BXP 2013 Pads

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

1415chris

by 1415chris

Full set, two pairs, four pads :wink:

On the pads subject, there is noticeable difference between them and the green ones. Better modulation, stopping power seems to be better as well. Really nice pads :thumbup:
Have to wait a bit to find out how long they will last.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I have been using the green Swissstops for the last few years with mavic ceramic reflex rims. They have been great. I never had to worry about toeing them in to avoid squealing. Just snugged them up flat against the rim and off I went.

I recently tried the BXPs and they squealed like hell when set up the same way as I was doing with the greens. I can't be bothered to fiddle with toe in of the pads so off the BXPs came after a few rides. It's time for me to stock up on the greens.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RJKflyer

by RJKflyer

BdaGhisallo wrote:I recently tried the BXPs and they squealed like hell when set up the same way as I was doing with the greens. I can't be bothered to fiddle with toe in of the pads so off the BXPs came after a few rides. It's time for me to stock up on the greens.

Fitted them to my Campag Chorus - which seem not to require any toe-in - and they did the same. However, it really WAS cured by toe-in immediately so don't let that put you off.

Suspect it's a combination of wearing in and alignment, as not a peep now after 400 miles.

My opinion versus the SR pads:
1. Seem less aggressive on the rims (seem to be wiping less 'metal' off of everything)
2. Outstanding under hard braking - tried on Boxhill yesterday - and the effort vs. stopping power is lower
3. And modulation is good. Slightly less 'bite' than SR pads, but a less 'wooden' feel

Barrie

by Barrie

Barrie wrote:
ProBikeKit.com have them in stock in the UK for around £20

I have just got a set but it will be a few weeks before they will be used

Barrie

Is that for one pair or two? (IE one wheel or two?)

Cheers!

That`s for the pair,
I`ve had them on now for a few weeks and I am impressed, I had a ride over Fleet Moss ( Yorkshire Dales ) and a stray sheep had me on panic stopping mode on the way down
I can thoroughly recommend them for alloy rims

Barrie

RJKflyer

by RJKflyer

FWIW< a chum has also now fitted them to replace his integrated Tiagra pad/shoes and considers them a very significant upgrade.

MileHighMark

by MileHighMark

743power wrote:The pads from those red brakes aren't available anymore. Sram switched to the greenish swissstop compound a year or so before the switch to 2013 red. Go for the r55c3 or c4 alloy compound from shimano for a great all around replacement for those. Very similar if not better.

Is the C4 what's spec'd on 9000?

http://db.tt/kzHd7NB8
GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

ZeroChalk

by ZeroChalk

Can anyone comment on the rim wear of SwissStop BXPs? Does better stopping = more rim wear?

Debating on whether to use Kool Stop Salmons versus BXPs. I currently have SS Blacks.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

The pad should be wearing out not the rim.

I have the koolstop salmon and black pads for campy
http://www.bicycletires.com/pkshdd/kool ... set/pp.htm

and they work great on machined aluminum rims.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree