The NEW Weight Weenie Kit Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Clothing manufacturers

Louis Garneau
51%
Pactimo
10%
Champion System
39%

Total votes: 79

djconnel

by djconnel

With the endless stream of criticism from all sides, it doesn't surprise me if Szczuldo loses motivation. Seriously, people here act like spoiled brats.

BTW, plenty of contributors to this thread have not, for example those volunteering to help and submitting design suggestions.

Liggero

by Liggero

I think somebody should make a pool with the several design options, as pren described. Then we can vote and compromise on buying a certain amount, to have an initial order. Decide a manufacturer and make the order. Who makes the pool and put together all the designs?
Happy Trails !!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

djconnel wrote:With the endless stream of criticism from all sides, it doesn't surprise me if Szczuldo loses motivation. Seriously, people here act like spoiled brats.

BTW, plenty of contributors to this thread have not, for example those volunteering to help and submitting design suggestions.

Kind of reminds me of how my 25th high school reunion was destroyed.
Speedplay is the devil!

KvnP

by KvnP

I say someone just make the verdict and open up an order.

I still want my kit ! :twisted:
Parlee Z3c
Independent Fabrication SSR // 953
Independent Fabrication Planet X
Knolly Chilcotin

Liggero

by Liggero

Who's gonna open the poll to decide the design?
Happy Trails !!!

legsrburnin

by legsrburnin

I'd like a kit, but is anyone still working on this?
Lefty heaven

Rick

by Rick

I'm out!
Oh, wait....I was never in.

So I am IN.
...so that I can declare I am out!

I think that maybe if a WW kit were available, I would buy one. But I am not interested in haggling over color schemes, and waiting. Maybe a lot of people feel that way. Maybe whoever is the sponsor of the forum could set up a kit buy. But I know from past experience on similar schemes that there will never be a clear consenseless of opinion on exactly what to do from the inmates of the asylum.

Razor

by Razor

Rick wrote:I'm out!
Oh, wait....I was never in.

So I am IN.
...so that I can declare I am out!

I think that maybe if a WW kit were available, I would buy one. But I am not interested in haggling over color schemes, and waiting. Maybe a lot of people feel that way. Maybe whoever is the sponsor of the forum could set up a kit buy. But I know from past experience on similar schemes that there will never be a clear consenseless of opinion on exactly what to do from the inmates of the asylum.

So true. Maybe a smaller item like socks or gloves would be better, less dependent on design/color perfection.

Liggero

by Liggero

Opening a pool for choosing the new design would be a nice beginning.
Happy Trails !!!

jordo99

by jordo99

I'm still going to be interested when this is finalized. I just hope I happen to check this thread again during the time the kits are available.

KWalker

by KWalker

Someone needs to just take ownership, finalize the design, find a manufacturer and post up when its done. Its a kit, it doesn't have to be this complicated. It doesn't have to be perfect it just has to fit and look decent. This isn't Project Runway.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

MOTOMATT
Shop Owner

by MOTOMATT

jordo99 wrote:I'm still going to be interested when this is finalized. I just hope I happen to check this thread again during the time the kits are available.

Me too :D

53x12

by 53x12

Use Rapha for the kit and I'm sure the interest will increase on WW. :mrgreen:

On a serious note, I am in for the kit. I'm not picky about the particulars. Pick a kit that is price competitive. Use the WW logo. Use the WW theme colors. Don't make it too busy. Done.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

It's over folks. Anyone who would attempt to run with this train wreck is insane. Apologies to the OP. I appreciate what you were trying to do.
Speedplay is the devil!

tranzformer

by tranzformer

"It's over folks. Anyone who would attempt to run with this train wreck is insane. Apologies to the OP. I appreciate what you were trying to do."

Now that is the spirit!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com