Friction Facts test reports

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

djconnel

by djconnel

I've gotten some of the reports produced by Friction Facts and I am super-impressed with the quality of the work. Given that we're spending substantial money and attention on super-marginal changes in mass, equipment choices and treatment choices anywhere along the force transmission path can save watts. I recommend getting the full report bundle, which is amazingly cheap.

Friction Facts reports

One thing which shouldn't happen is reporting any of the results, since Jason, who does the reports, does excellent work and deserves to have his expenses reimbursed. The full package costs about as much as 1-2 grams of weight savings.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I was just thinking about these reports on my drive to work this morning! I plan to purchase the set today.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I have purchased the full set many moons ago, no plans to share (similar thinking to Dan's post above), and I found it mostly valuable.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Ordered

KWalker

by KWalker

I bought them a few weeks ago. Altogether and with all the RR data out there it will hopefully help a client of mine save around 20-24w on his TT bike (pulleys, chain, tires, and glue job).
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

coloclimber

by coloclimber

Ordered and changed my chain lube.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

spartan

by spartan

the winner's in lube/pulley's are known..basic google search..

paraffin wax --
close second -- rock/roll gold lube

enduro pulleys

"We have always said these were the best, but it's nice to have that claim independently verified. The complete details of the in-depth pulley testing battery are available (for a nominal fee) from Friction-Facts.com. However, we are permitted to report that The Enduro ZERO pulleys came out on top. The full report also includes extensive chain testing results. Please click on the Fricton-Facts logo above for more information. In the meantime, if you would like to gain up to 6 seconds per hour of racing, check out our pulley options from the drop down menu at the top of this page."

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id190.html
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

djconnel

by djconnel

The principal concern I have about paraffin is lifetime. It doesn't last long (150 miles?) and when it goes, it goes quickly. Thus I went with Rock & Roll, which so far has worked very well for me.

His work is on-going, so keep an eye on his reports. Good stuff coming out all the time.

coloclimber

by coloclimber

enduro pulleys didnt win. They barely came in third.

Pedal friction test was enlightening as I recently had some poor performing pedals on the friction report.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I'm guessing that excerpt was taken before the FF update.

deermatt

by deermatt

someone post the results .

JamieL

by JamieL

Friction Facts wrote:Please, please do not share Friction Facts reports. Your payment supports the Friction Facts mission, so we can continue to provide you with data to help you go faster. Our reports are priced reasonably so every rider’s budget can afford to access the data. Thank you for your honesty.

djconnel wrote: I recommend getting the full report bundle, which is amazingly cheap.

Friction Facts reports

One thing which shouldn't happen is reporting any of the results, since Jason, who does the reports, does excellent work and deserves to have his expenses reimbursed. The full package costs about as much as 1-2 grams of weight savings.

Go buy it.

deermatt

by deermatt

boo hoo. so uptight .

Dalai

by Dalai

deermatt wrote:boo hoo. so uptight .

Some people are tight! It only costs $9.95 including 6 months of updates...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

deermatt

by deermatt

I wouldnt buy it because I wouldnt go changing parts and putting my chain in an ultrasonic tank to save a total of 2 watts. I more so wanted to see it to pass the time, and i like facts, but cant see it being worth buying.