The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

knef

by knef

double standards, Lig

Liggero

by Liggero

indeed. double or even triple standars for sure, but specialized is over priced brand, where you have to pay for that branding, and that brand to me represents yankee crap. But hey, this is just my opinion (and many others too... ). soles are also crap though, or at least not suited for sidi insides. I had to trim it to have a perfect custom shape for my feet. Still, specialized, sucks, just like so many other yankee culture brands, IMHO.

Happy Trails !!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Liggero wrote:indeed. double or even triple standars for sure, but specialized is over priced brand, where you have to pay for that branding, and that brand to me represents yankee crap. But hey, this is just my opinion (and many others too... ). soles are also crap though, or at least not suited for sidi insides. I had to trim it to have a perfect custom shape for my feet. Still, specialized, sucks, just like so many other yankee culture brands, IMHO.

Why are you so angry all the time.
Who hurt you..?
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

Liggero

by Liggero

Not angry at all, just saying. someone asked bout the insoles missing. Next time don't ask if you don't want to hear the answer. quite simple, right?
Happy Trails !!!

AGW

by AGW

It's safe to say we're a naturally curious bunch, so asking questions (on a forum, of all places) seems appropriate. The meandering rants that follow usually exceed most well-adjusted peoples' expectations of an answer, though. As a yank, I, too hate Specialized. But I'd rather ride a Roubaix with s-works cranks, a Romin, and carry speccy branded tire levers in my spec jersey than share a seat next to you in first class.

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

Liggero wrote:Not angry at all... Next time don't ask if you don't want to hear the answer. quite simple, right?

Right.

Liggero

by Liggero

AGW wrote:It's safe to say we're a naturally curious bunch, so asking questions (on a forum, of all places) seems appropriate. The meandering rants that follow usually exceed most well-adjusted peoples' expectations of an answer, though. As a yank, I, too hate Specialized. But I'd rather ride a Roubaix with s-works cranks, a Romin, and carry speccy branded tire levers in my spec jersey than share a seat next to you in first class.

Good for you boy.

Still, spec. shoes are quite good, not sure if they would last a lot, but they do fit nicely. Saddles are also great fitting, ugly as hell but they work. S-works crankarms are great too, developed by lightning, not spec. and anyways you could sand them down the ugly logos. I just don't dig them, they just copied ritchey and fisher bikes long ago and mass produced it; copycat. Also their branding is based on nominalism; putting a name even to the most simple spec. In other words, it's a company with 80% marketing and 20% engineering and design. No thanks.
Happy Trails !!!

AGW

by AGW

No boys here.

Dissecting my fake gear selection piece by piece, while simultaneously failing to get (or address) my whole point, sums up your presence here perfectly. I think it's also why so many find you irritating. But I'm guessing you'll fail to rationalize that too.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Liggeresa, you may think you are "telling it like it is" and coming up with insightful gems to educate, entertain and inform, but actually you come across like the guy standing at the end of the pier shouting at seagulls.

Liggero

by Liggero

So what? I´m talking about cycling material. If you don't like my opinion or agree with me, well, welcome to planet earth. Topic is called what did you buy today, and so I did. It's not called who irritates you. I think you should open a new thread for that, or move on. I don't like any of both of you but I couldn't care less.
Happy Trails !!!

tonytourist

by tonytourist

My S Works MTB shoes are over 3 years old and still going strong. I have some S Works road shoes that are 4.5 years old and still are in great shape. I don't see how something that can be used so much (I ride daily) be considered overpriced if they hold up. Speaking from personal experience, I didn't like the quality or fit of the Bont A1s IMO

Liggero

by Liggero

my specialized comp mtb shoes are about 15 years old. And they still work. The sole is actually still very stiff, while my old sidi dominator sole is way too flexy now. Truth is also that with the spec. shoes i had to raise the saddle about 3mm, due to the higher stack sole, and they are heavy, and they have the specialized branding, which I personally dislike. I personally don't like these brands that are supposed the best in everything. I personally orefer to use giro helmets, oakley glasses and sidi shoes (overpriced too). but that is just me, I must be quite a poser I guess. But again, so what. Never tried yet the Bont shoes, but shoes are like saddles and helmets: it depends on the person feet or body.
Happy Trails !!!

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Leviathan wrote:Liggeresa, you may think you are "telling it like it is" and coming up with insightful gems to educate, entertain and inform, but actually you come across like the guy standing at the end of the pier shouting at seagulls.

Shouting at the clouds more like it ..

Here he is..

KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lobular

by lobular

I like to look at the cool stuff people buy in this thread.....can we stop teasing the kitten (Lig) now.