Time NXR Instinct the Good the bad and the ugly

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

Currently I ride a 2012 Cannondale EVO and a 2011 Scott Addict R1. I am looking to sell the Scott in favor of a frame that is better for long hauls (50-100) and snappy when the group decided to kick it up and sprint to the few miles of each segment or power up the hills. I want a frame that is not as twitchy on the fast decents (+ 45mph) the Scott can be a handful. Light weight (not saying lightweight) is a big part of the decision. Since what I currently ride is near the top of the list in the light weight category, a brick would be not as fun for me.

All my bikes have a 52cm (+-) top tube so they are most xs.

Thanks in advance for the thoughts.

Scott
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

Maximilian

by Maximilian

Doesn't the SuperSix meet your criteria?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petepeterson

by petepeterson

My thoughts would be you need to ask more specific questions if you are looking for info on the Time. Saying that you are looking for a bike that is light, efficient, comfortable, and handles well is kinda hilarious on an interweb forum, especially when it appears you already own multiple bikes that would accomplish this....

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

Yes the Cannondale EVO does it all, however like many of you I like to have 2 bikes that meet my needs. I travel for work and do not want to take my EVO on any trips where it could get damaged or? The Scott does not meet my need so it is going to get sold.
Specifically does the Time meet my needs. Light, forgiving on the long chip seal roads, stiff when the ride turn competitive (they always do). I do not want a Specialized Roubaix feel. Now that I re looked at my post, the question is what everybody ask when they are talking about bikes...lol The problem with a Time is most of the shops near me sell them in framesets so a ride is not as easy as some off the shelf bikes.

I hate to say it, but I am, I am looking for opinions on the Time.

Thanks again

Now off to catch a flight to the Midwest
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

53x12

by 53x12

oreoboreo wrote:Currently I ride a 2012 Cannondale EVO and a 2011 Scott Addict R1. I am looking to sell the Scott in favor of a frame that is better for long hauls (50-100) and snappy when the group decided to kick it up and sprint to the few miles of each segment or power up the hills. I want a frame that is not as twitchy on the fast decents (+ 45mph) the Scott can be a handful. Light weight (not saying lightweight) is a big part of the decision. Since what I currently ride is near the top of the list in the light weight category, a brick would be not as fun for me.

All my bikes have a 52cm (+-) top tube so they are most xs.

Thanks in advance for the thoughts.

Scott

Another option that I would recommend you consider would be a Look 585 or a 595. Depends if you want an ISP or not. Both are comfortable frames, very stable on descents, snappy when you put into them and just a beautiful frame imo. Time is also a nice frame.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."