3T Tornova

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tommasini

by tommasini

Lustfulness - THESE (the LTD's) are going onto my next Tommasini/SR build.......OP - thanks for opening my eyes!!!!

Here is one over laid on the other

Tornova laid over Rotundo

Rotundo laid over Tornova

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tommasini

by tommasini

Tornova in the flesh (on a bike versus pics of just the handlebars) - looks nice from all angles!

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/03/ ... ics_277876

rmerka

by rmerka

tommasini wrote:Tornova in the flesh (on a bike versus pics of just the handlebars) - looks nice from all angles!

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/03/ ... ics_277876" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a set of Tornova bars (42) on my R5.

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

tommasini wrote:Lustfulness - THESE (the LTD's) are going onto my next Tommasini/SR build.......OP - thanks for opening my eyes!!!!

Here is one over laid on the other

Tornova laid over Rotundo

Rotundo laid over Tornova

Did you get these yet? Wanting to know how they go with Campy.

tommasini

by tommasini

Nope - they will go on a bike that is in the slow process of being built up.....I have 2 other bikes to ride so I'm not in a huge hurry - so I'm waiting to see what the pricing looks like from a source other paying full price direct from 3T (@ $400 USD)

KWalker

by KWalker

Saw these today- make no sense to me. Place the levers even higher on the bar so they're further out of reach and they have the ergosum flare. The set of 40cm in the shop actually measured 37.5 at the hoods and 39.5 at the drops center to center so beware
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

boots2000

by boots2000

When you say "further out of reach" do you mean while in drops? Or from top of bar?

KWalker wrote:Saw these today- make no sense to me. Place the levers even higher on the bar so they're further out of reach and they have the ergosum flare. The set of 40cm in the shop actually measured 37.5 at the hoods and 39.5 at the drops center to center so beware

KWalker

by KWalker

There is less ramp so its like an extremely deep Pro Vibe round bend, but with almost 10mm more drop (measured) and a slight ramp to the hoods. So if people want the much vaunted, but often unnecessary flat transition they don't get that like with the 7S and if they want the levers to be accessible in the drops they miss out on that as well.

Its honestly a dumb shape. It makes no sense. The reach to the levers from the drop is the biggest I have ever seen and I just don't quite get what the point of the bar is. Just run a Rotundo and call it a day. The other features don't matter.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

tommasini

by tommasini

The drop and reach measurements listed by 3T match the Rotundo....I was itching to try them to gain the flatter tops. Once I finally got my hands on a set......I have to agree a bit with KWalker. Due to the 2 part curve involved and what that does to lever postioning it resulted (for the way I position things with drops at about 10 degrees) in the levers farther ahead and despite liking a decent drop myself this was too much drop for my taste. I've punted on them.

Murphs

by Murphs

Glad I saw those shape overlays before buying some.

Sticking to Rotundo

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Bumping this thread to see if you guys have any updates on these bars, particularly about the internal routing. Doing a build this week and using these bars. Not really a fan of the flat tops but it's not my bike. What I'm most concerned about is the cable routing using Campy 11. I'll find out soon enough but if you guys have any more thoughts on these bars now that they've been out a while, fire away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

uncle-gee

by uncle-gee

@ tommasini

Please may you do a Tornova laid over an Ergonova? (and vice versa)

Cheers!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ok... having just installed a set of Tornovas on a bike with Campagnolo Record 11 levers and mechanical Campagnolo cables and housing, I have to say that I will NEVER do that again. Even though the holes for the internal routing look large like there should be no problem, in practice getting both derailleur and brake cables and housing through there while simultaneously getting a good seat with the ergo levers is a task I wouldn't wish on anyone. I'm not a big fan of the flat tops, and for this reason prefer the Rotundos. However, the levers on the Tornovas do have a more level transition from the tops of the bars to the hoods, and some people appreciate this more than the ramped classic position. My only gripe is the cable routing.

A huge improvement to these bars would be to abandon the internal routing holes and just manufacture them with a couple of groves on the underside which when taped over you never even notice.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Sorry to drag this old thread up, but...

Does anyone have an actual weight for the Ltd Tornova and the Ltd Rotundo?

Cheers
GJ