Klein quantum race

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

timdeboer34

by timdeboer34

Hello everybody!

At this moment I have two Cannondale roadbikes, first of all a "weightweenie" bike, a SuperSix HM which can be found here; viewtopic.php?f=10&t=102806" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My second bike is a System Six Liquigas from 2007.
I bought this bike in the beginning of 2009 as a frameset and made several changes since. This bike I use for bad weather and traveling. Sad thing is that this bike broke a couple of weeks ago. It looks like I will get a new frame but I was already thinking about building a new bike. I always liked Klein so I went on the internet looking for a cheap frame, because I would like to keep the costs down on this one. I found one with a original Ultegra group on it.
I already stripped al the parts from it, it took me about an hour to get the bracket out, but with some good heat it worked out at the end. This is what it looks like now;
Frame weight is 1310 grams but the fork weights an impressive 641 grams;) Try to make it light but I think 7k might get difficult.
As I said I will try to make it not to exepensive, but offcourse it must be nice bike:)
I already bought a nice Cook's Crank and I was able to get Fiberlyte chainrings for a very good price:)
I also have a Ritchey Superlogic Bracket with it, total weight for crank and bracket is 898 grams.
Other Parts That I already have are the Pro Stealth handlebars and Dura Ace c24 wheels from my cannondale, I nice Silver Chris King headset and Yesterday I had a bargain on Keo Carbon Blade pedals with Steal axels. I keep you updated!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

One inch steerer, right? Look around for one of those Reynolds Ouzo Pro forks, less than half the weight and very reliable. I had one of those Kleins, in that exact color, back when they were new. Loved it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

timdeboer34

by timdeboer34

Yes one inch, will look for that, thanks for the advice!
Today the postmen brought in some color in!

michel2

by michel2

colour me like !

timdeboer34

by timdeboer34

Decided to go for Dura Ace 9000 for the groupset because I was able to get it for a good price due to a sponsor deal!
Only thing is that i had to buy new wheels. Since I really like the c24 wheels I have now I decided to buy the new c24 wheels and I hope I will still get some good money for my old ones:)

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

love the jockey wheels, wouldnt mind some on my DA9000, Are they any louder or heavier over standard?
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

michel2

by michel2

gonna be a stunner, btw walked passed a klein parked in the city against a lamppost with a chain around.......

timdeboer34

by timdeboer34

@trekuk, thanks. They are about 8 grams heavier if i Remember it good 16 vs 24 grams. I have no idear about the noise they make...

DRAGON60

by DRAGON60

Nice----a Klein is a Dream Bike-----is the frame aluminum? Can't wait to see it complete---will be very CLASSY!!!

PSM

by PSM

X-Mas tree?

timdeboer34

by timdeboer34

Quite busy at work at the moment but between work i builded the bike, also got the new wheels in and did a short testride! First impression is very good, some small details en it will be ready for pictures! Measured weight is only 7420 grams!
@dragon60, yes it is aluminum.

Ruimteaapje

by Ruimteaapje

PSM wrote:X-Mas tree?

Indeed. Not my cup of tea, despite the beautiful frame

trychle

by trychle

Any updates? :popcorn:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com