Aftermarket Jockey Wheels for Campy 11

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KWalker

by KWalker

I bought a used rear Super Record 11 derailleur from a friend and one of the jockey wheels is missing a tooth. It works fine, but that bothers me. I've priced out some replacement pulleys and a lot of ceramic aftermarket pulleys are barely any more money.

Does anyone have any experience running the following:

Tiso Ceramic (not the full ceramic, the cheaper version)

Enduro Zero Ceramic (hybrid, not full ceramic)

or anything in a similar price range of $80-$100?

If there isn't any sort of real difference in quality I won't bother. I know Velonews did a pulley wheel test, but I don't seem to have the results anywhere.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tommasini

by tommasini

Nothing wrong with the original equipment - actually I'd take it anyday over aftermarket - quiet, super low resistance, reasonalby priced ($55 from totalcycling.com).

Check this out - mine do the same after a full season with no maintenance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IGCXDo8WcY

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

Buy the friction-facts pulley report and then make your decision. As a hint - you can get lower resistance with a good steel bearing pulley than the SR stock.

fifarafa

by fifarafa

http://hawk-racing.com/products/show/37" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67497

:D

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

tommasini wrote:Nothing wrong with the original equipment - actually I'd take it anyday over aftermarket - quiet, super low resistance, reasonalby priced ($55 from totalcycling.com).

Check this out - mine do the same after a full season with no maintenance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IGCXDo8WcY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Strangely enough, my brand new SR11 rear D pulley wheels spins fopr like 1.5 seconds only, any reason for the discrepancy? A friend says the grease is probably removed from those in the video. I am tempted to get some serious ceramic ones as well, but am wondering if it'll save even a watt...

tommasini

by tommasini

Mine were oiled from the factory - and then a year later I oiled them once again - not because I sensed an issue but just 'cause it was winter time and so it seemed like the thing to do. But before removing and oiling mine they performed just like in the video that I linked to above.

BTW - most aftermarket pulleys also lack the float for the top pulley - another consideration...........

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

I use extralite pulleys they work great and drop a cool 10gs, they spin and shift as well as std SR jockeys and are much easier to keep clean..

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

Kayrehn wrote:Strangely enough, my brand new SR11 rear D pulley wheels spins for like 1.5 seconds only, any reason for the discrepancy? A friend says the grease is probably removed from those in the video. I am tempted to get some serious ceramic ones as well, but am wondering if it'll save even a watt...

The super record lower pulley is ceramic. Never had grease, it ought to be lightly oiled or nothing. Upper one is a plain bushing to allow lateral float. I haven't tried it, but Shimano DuraAce has an upper pulley that is a bearing AND allows lateral float. I personally would not replace the upper one with one that does not float. Shifting adjustment will be more finicky, temperamental. Your experience may vary.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

fifarafa

by fifarafa

sugarkane wrote:I use extralite pulleys they work great and drop a cool 10gs, they spin and shift as well as std SR jockeys and are much easier to keep clean..

they look great also :) but are they compatible with SR? ...11

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Yup I've used em with 2010 chours, 2010 Sr and 2012 SR. They work every bit as good as the SR pulleys.. Not noisy either

fifarafa

by fifarafa

Does that mean you did't have any issues with shifting?

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Shifting is great! No issues what so ever

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fifarafa

by fifarafa

Can I used in SR cage 13 teeth instead 11 or combination 11/13?
and what are the benefits?