Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

@fletch62 & BmanX
:beerchug:

Thanks for all the opinions!

I just wanted to make a new prototype chainstay (for my future frame project - testing a new layup) and something amazing happened - I prepared all the material and mixed the nano epoxy resin for the wet lamination (I'm 110% sure that I made it right, only mixed 120g), and in around 3 min the epoxy was extremely hot. I stopped working and removed my gloves, and in that moment the epoxy started to boil, in a moment it became hard and it started to burn with dark brown smoke :shock: I throw it on the flor and extinguish the fire with fire extinguisher,...
..have no idea what went wrong, but it's true that those materials are quite agresive (of course I always wear a mask and other protective equipment) but anyway...this specific material that I used for this prototype is also something new and not really fully tested,...I get some pretty interesting stuff and give some feedback how it performs to the company...so we'll see what wen't wrong, I'm really interested..but anyway, I'll make a new chainstay as soon as I have some more time (want to try/test a new layup)..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hansonator69

by hansonator69

Sounds like you used Ferrari 458 materials... :wink:
Slam your stem.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

:lol: I remember that case - http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/11071047
I already wrote to the company where I get those materials and they immediately responded, so I guess we'll soon see what's the reason...they said that till now they didn't had any similar case :noidea:

bura

by bura

Like some other fellow said , I do not see the whole picture and therefore may lack sufficient info to judge .
But as a Slovenian manufacturer I would keep things small but fine.
Means you should manufacture and refine current components and may add one or two to it but no frame.
Question to be asked is:How many frames does ax-lightness or Extralite sell?

Two or three years ago it was not possible to buy a Chinese frame (even in S size) which was sub 1000gr . Now you can get M sizes for sub 1000gr and it will be a matter of time to get them below 900 or even 800 gram with a regarded safe frame from a known manufacturer.

I recently saw this video :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbxyf3XbFuk
See how "infected" citizens of the "largest market" already are? And how "infected" the next generation is? :D :shock:

Despite that I wish you all the best in your complete work.Looking forward to the new 130 saddle AND price. :wink:
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

@bura
I know what you think and I totally agree. But my frame projects are at this moment "for my soul", my priority at this moment is to finish wiht my education (one more grade to become a mechanical engineer), and then start with my work a bit more serious - with my own company, or I may get a job.. I'll see what time will bring, otherwise I'll continue with my projects because I love this work and will keep you updated. Hopefully I'll soon have some news regarding the saddle :thumbup:

Otherwise I just "have to" start with a new frame project for my soul ;) so I'll for sure start with something as soon as I have some more time...

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

A new combo with Twill/UD and gloss/matte look, black graphics, 320mm x 27.2mm and 118g:

And the new saddle mould is already finished! So I'll soon start to test the 142mm saddle shell..

I know that I'm repeating myself, but I'm still waiting for the saddle rails moulds. Hopefully I'll get it in the next few days, fingers crossed..as soon as I'll get it I'll make some first prototypes that will be tested on the road, and then I'll see how to continue with that saddle project, can't wait!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Again some media attention, already the third times this week when I had a visit of some journalists and some of my story ended in another newspaper, so quite a lot of things happening to me in the past few weeks..
There are a few technical irregularities in the text, but nothing that bad (the word "frame" and "bike" are in some cases used a bit confusing) but anyway, considering that the journalist didn't knew a lot regarding cycling it's not a big deal. I really appreciate the attention from people who somehow belive in me, already still a lot has to be done, if I want to continue with my work, and work with composites also for my profession after I finish with my education..that would be for sure a dream come true, and we'll see what the time will bring.

I also had a visit of a reporter from Bikemagazin etc.,...so quite a lot of interesting experiences, also get in contact with some more people, some companies contacted me etc.,...so really nothing to complain about, I'll for sure give my best also in the future!

Here just some more photos that were made during one of the visit, where I demonstrated a bit how some of my work is made:

..ready to go in the owen:

.."the evolution", and still in development...but I'll soon have some more news

I already started with the first 142mm saddle shell prototypes, and as soon as I'll have some resoults I'll start with the saddle rails. As soon as everything is completely tested I'll be able to make them, so it may take some more time, but I'm working hard on it and will keep you updated. I really want to get the best properties regarding weight/stiffness/comfort. It may not hear complicated, but a lot of different layups are tested..I'll keep you updated

BmanX

by BmanX

You do realize that one day there will be some young guy reading this thread and trying to be YOU! I think it is so interesting watching you develop your skills and products here on WW. Very well done and I am very sure like me, we are very proud of everything you have accomplished.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

bura

by bura

@BmanX:+1

Jure, I can not speak Slovenian but when saw the header, has this "report" something to do with Gorenje company? Did not know that they have already invested in glass ..well not far away from Ceramics ..knew that they have a Ceramic investment.
Asking because it would be nice to hear when this big company would "sponsor" some of your future work. :idea: :thumbup:

BTW this is one of the threads in WW which I follow permanently. So keep the news coming. :thumbup:
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

"Gorenjski" -> refers to the Gorenjska region. Glas -> News/Voice

and "Poslovni Glas" means "Business News" (or more accurately, "Business Voice")

(I just asked one of my ex girlfriends, who is Slovenian)

Don't think it has anything to do with the company. :noidea:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

addictR1

by addictR1

@berk: that is one sexy saddle with generous cutout! looking good!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks to all :thumbup:

@bura
The name of the company is really very similar, but:
prendrefeu wrote:Gorenjski" -> refers to the Gorenjska region. Glas -> News/Voice

It has nothing to do with Gorenje, although the name is very similar, it's like prendrefeu said :thumbup:

bura

by bura

Thanks Berk and Prendrefeu.

Quote (I just asked one of my ex girlfriends, who is Slovenian) Unquote

This gives me hope for future translations in other languages. :D
Kuota Kom Evo
SOLD

Ladeira

by Ladeira

Thats my combo \o/

Thanks Berk....

My second one and wanting more for sure !!
`

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Maximilian

by Maximilian

BmanX wrote:You do realize that one day there will be some young guy reading this thread and trying to be YOU! I think it is so interesting watching you develop your skills and products here on WW. Very well done and I am very sure like me, we are very proud of everything you have accomplished.

I'm in my first year at university in the UK right now with the express interest of doing something similar when I leave! I have been following Jure since the beginning of the thread and he has inspired me to work with my passions: bikes and engineering.

Keep up the outstanding work! :beerchug: