Combination Veloflex Roubaix/Criterium or Corsa Evo SC?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FeitoSpain

by FeitoSpain

Hi all,

I need to change my tubulars for racing and I want something better than I have, S33 you know... I´d like to try Veloflex, and I was thinking in Roubaix or Criterium. We don´t have pave in our races, but sometimes there´re some rough roads not well paved, although most of them are good roads. I like Roubaix cause I read it´s better for not having punctures than Criterium and its life it´s a bit longer. But thinking in the weight, would you recommend having a Roubaix rear tubular and Criterium front? Is it a good combination or better having the same in both wheels?

I´d like to try Vittoria Corsa Evo SC too, a pair of them in both wheels, as the price is more or less the same and I don´t want to spend more money than that. I read they are very good in all weather conditions, and have a good grip. What about punctures and life? Would you recommend them instead Roubaix/Criterium? :noidea:

highwater

by highwater

I have a set of Corsa Evo SC on my tubular wheelset now. I have close to 2,000km on them now, and they still have some life left. I got one cut in them early on and super glued it shut. So far so good. Very happy with the ride quality. I can't compare to Veloflex though as I have not tried them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

I like Roubaix cause I read it´s better for not having punctures than Criterium and its life it´s a bit longer.

In theory maybe.
I ride Extreme/Sprinter on the front wheel Carbon/Criterium on the rear. All tubs are aged for at least six months, it's been years since I last punctured one.
Whilst I don't race, I can assure you that I take the bike to much rougher places than the average Spanish road which I consider to be pretty good.
Anyhow, I can get about 6.000 km out of a front tyre, sometimes more. About half of that out of the rear one. Doing 10 to 15.000 km a year depending on the weather mostly.

Vittoria's SC are pretty much a carbon copy of Veloflex's Criterium. Both companies are related, Vitto is more high tech and made in Thailand whereas Veloflex is Vittoria's old company hence more traditional and decidedly better if you'd ask me.

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

FeitoSpain

by FeitoSpain

Thank you guys,

Finally I dediced to buy a pair of Corsa Evo SC, as I found a good offer buying the gluing tape which I need too. I'll try Veloflex next time and compare. :thumbup:

astranoc

by astranoc

sssssssh... don't say gluing tape around fdegrove :D

MarkThailand

by MarkThailand

I use Veloflex Carbon in the front and Arrenberg in the back, with my ENVE 3.4T.

I like the ride and rolling resistance of this combo.

Also, tape is a four letter word.

Mark
2012 Lynskey R330 with SRAM Red Quarq
2013 Parlee Z1 with DA 9070
2013 Lynskey Helix OS II with SRAM Red

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com