"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

J.v.S.

by J.v.S.

I can't help but having this strange "retro" feeling when watching Nibali riding up mountains... It's beautiful to watch for sure but so were other bike races in the past. Particularly during the mountain TT the difference in cadence to the other top-ten riders was stunning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gravity

by gravity

I dont understand you guys. When nobody attacks you say it's boring; when someone like Nibali attacks you say it's not normal and could be doping. Bloody effing idiot!

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I just think it's a bit rich for CN and others to change their tone. The media certainly did its part (save a few journos) too.

luckypuncheur

by luckypuncheur

gravity wrote:I dont understand you guys. When nobody attacks you say it's boring; when someone like Nibali attacks you say it's not normal and could be doping. Bloody effing idiot!

It's not just Nibali, it's the performance of the whole Astana team that I doubt to be credible (as described by CN). Folks such as Vino and Martinelli should've long been forced to walk away from the sport.
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.

gravity

by gravity

I get that their performance is outstanding, but wouldn't constitute as 'not normal'.

lunckypuncheur, I'm not picking on you (i apologize if you think i am). But sometimes I find it really irritating when some say it's a boring race when nobody attacks, but the second somebody does, it's like LA era again. Panache isnt dead yet and hopefully never will.

Personally, I don't think Fabio Aru's performance can be considered not normal. He got quite a result at last year's Giro, so I don't think his result suddenly sky rocketed from nowhere to where he is now. He has quite a result already prior to this Giro.

Rob81

by Rob81

gravity wrote:I don't think Fabio Aru's performance can be considered not normal. He got quite a result at last year's Giro

2nd at GiroBio ain't comparable with a consistent performance in a (first) 3 weeks Tour, IMHO.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Poor poker by cannondale. OPQS screwed it up and would've had GS on the front at like 750m if they hadn't swamped them with all of 3 guys which just allowed GS and MC to sit it, break left at 300 meters and make it look easy.

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

ultyguy wrote:Poor poker by cannondale. OPQS screwed it up and would've had GS on the front at like 750m if they hadn't swamped them with all of 3 guys which just allowed GS and MC to sit it, break left at 300 meters and make it look easy.

Who is GS?

Edit: if you mean Steegmans. He quit the Giro at stage 14.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Ah sorry figured it was him, who was last man? Well played.

KWalker

by KWalker

Rob81 wrote:
gravity wrote:I don't think Fabio Aru's performance can be considered not normal. He got quite a result at last year's Giro

2nd at GiroBio ain't comparable with a consistent performance in a (first) 3 weeks Tour, IMHO.

Strange, his VAM was higher on climbs in the GiroBio than in this Giro...

Anyone have VAM info for the Giro this year?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Rob81

by Rob81

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

Anyone know what Evan's mechanical issue was? Slush, sure, but BMC specifically mentioned a mechanical.

Does it seem like lots of guys were having issues with electronics this year or is it just me?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

No access to top 2 sprockets.

And the issues with 9070 and (to a lesser extent EPS) have been mentioned on here extensively

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

Sorry, can't always keep up with everything!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Hard to miss the Wiggins incident, no?

Bike toss of the century :lol: