Why some submissions are not accepted?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
bladteth

by bladteth

Hi,

I've recently submitted weights of some components and after few days they're still not added to the listings. It seems that they've been rejected - why? I made sure about all appropriate details. These components included TranzX (major OEM manufacturer) parts and some generic bolts.
Best regards,
Rado bladteth Rzeznicki

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/listi ... type=stems

The Tranz X Mountain stem is from you, right? I released it.
What other Tranz X parts did you submit?

AFAIR you submitted a generic front derailleur bolt, right?
And AFAIR there was no comment on which front derailleur that bolt came stock or what thread type (M5x??) it is.
We hesitate to release such submissions, because we often get bombarded with comments on such entries ("Where came it from? Mine is heavier!", ...).
That's why we tend to drop submissions with missing details.
I hope you understand this. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bladteth

by bladteth

Hi,

I meant derailleur's replaceable hanger bolt (and nut), which fasten this hanger to the frame. I've weighted several bolts of this type and they seem to be independent on frame manufacturer - they're all basically the same. Very similar, but slightly longer bolts are used to secure chainring to crank spider and actually can be interchanged in case of emergency.

Other TranzX part was seat post (unfortunately name not known as a general rule for OEM products) from 2001. It's black, 27.2 mm diameter, 350 mm long, 2-bolt seat clamp model that weights 289 g. I've also got TranzX seat post clamp (2001) for 28.6 mm seat tube that weights 52 g. Thanks for reply.
Best regards,
Rado bladteth Rzeznicki