Cheap, light seatpost

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

xis wrote:
addictR1 wrote:xis: let me know when you get the tracking # from the the seller. check it to see if it give you any tracking info, because i still have not see anything updated on mine except the tracking # might be the wrong one. :(

Alright, AddictR1. The seller didn't inform the tracking number yet. I think he will inform on next Monday. I'll let you know. :thumbup:

cool~ sounds good.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xis

by xis

I found other option for a cheap and light seat post. It's the Far Sport FSA07. About 135g±5g (Ø31.6 x 350mm). Not bad, hmm?! I don't know the price, but I imagine that it is not expensive.

http://www.farsports.com/product/detail.php/id-105.html

addictR1

by addictR1

23mm offset? It could be wrong.
Last edited by addictR1 on Tue May 28, 2013 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

eric

by eric

The post in the picture has zero offset. Given the weight I expect that post is what an FSA07 is, but I'd verify before ordering.
I suspect the offset number is for an FSA08, which is about 20g heavier.

addictR1

by addictR1

while i'm still waiting for my hylix seatpost to arrive.. ordered it on 5/11 and no update from the tracking number provided by the seller. i decided to pick up the 3T Doric LTD; which should be here in 8-10 days.

ZachUA

by ZachUA

xis wrote:I found other option for a cheap and light seat post. It's the Far Sport FSA07. About 135g±5g (Ø31.6 x 350mm). Not bad, hmm?! I don't know the price, but I imagine that it is not expensive.

http://www.farsports.com/product/detail.php/id-105.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry to bump an old post.

I found this thread while searching for light budget seatpost options.

Did anyone figure out of this seatpost was in fact a 0 offset? I am hoping it is because I believe it will be the winner for my selection of price and weight.

kman

by kman

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

ZachUA

by ZachUA

No sir, I had not. thank you!

eric

by eric

I recently got a "Climax" carbon post from ebay. 350mm 27.2 diameter zero offset. I can just barely use a zero offset post with a saddle that has long rails- the saddle is back as far as it'll go in the post. Claimed weight was about 125g and it came in at 118g. At $115 it's more cost effective than most WW posts. The ones they have on ebay now have less awful graphics (the graphics on mine are red and white and is spelled "Qlimax"!) but claimed weight is a few grams higher.

I used a different bottom clamp part that has more support for carbon rails which I got from another post. It added about 6g.

This winter I should sand the graphics off and re clear coat it.