BeeBee30's new ride(New pics added 12/5/13)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Well I didn't have much of a choice on the finish as I bought the frame used 8) I'm going from an Arione to a Kurve Chameleon as i've finally come to the conclusion the Arione was too narrow for my fat arse and up to now I'm very happy with the saddle using the soft elastomer, I've not tried the harder one. I have no creaking with the seat post and don't use any paste, my frame and post is 31.6 so no shim?
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nspace

by nspace

Nice on the 31.6. I heard all their frames are shimmed but I'm not convinced. This year they switched all new frames to 27.2 and use a shim. Mine has been creaky but not 100% sure if I can blame the shim just yet. Going to try out some fresh paste this weekend.

Enjoy the ride!

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

After some brief experimentation with tapered forks I've gone back to the Enve's and I've just got a set of traditional hoops for a forthcoming trip to Majorca and to make the bike more suitable for the rural riding I'm doing. Ambrosio Nemisis rims on DT Swiss 240s hubs shod with Continental Competition tubulars. The rim colour actually looks really good with the ti frame which I don't think you can really see in the pics. Took the M5's off too as they had fag paper clearance on the back tyre. I would have liked a fatter tub but disappointedly theres very little clearance at the rear to run more than a 22/23mm tyre.

Ti or dye!

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Classy ride!
Have fun in Mallorca :thumbup: 8)

Ramjm_2000

by Ramjm_2000

Love your OS. As for brakes I've had excellent luck with the HIVE REVLs on my Helix.

bencolem

by bencolem

Ramjm_2000 wrote:Love your OS. As for brakes I've had excellent luck with the HIVE REVLs on my Helix.

+1 I swapped from M5's to Revl's and never looked back. Brilliant power, modulation and clearance (and a nice red cam adjuster for your colour scheme) for only a few g's more...

RyanH

by RyanH

What happened to the extralite stem?

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

I jus felt I needed a bit more meat up front, as nice as the Extralite is I didn't feel comfortable with it. Maybe if I weighed bugger all I'd use it lol. I've actually fitted a zero degree Easton EA90 since the latest pics were taken just to left the front end a tad.
Ti or dye!

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Got some new bling for the Lynskey, THM Fibula brakes complete with Swiss Stop Black Prince pads, fitted them ready for the CarTen ride on Saturday but then the weather turned out to be a bucket of shit and ended up riding my CX9 winter bike, so no ride report yet :-(

Ti or dye!

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Nice upgrades, G!
How did the winter beater turn out?

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Thanks Tony, the beater turned out just fine, got me through the Cardiff to Tenby yesterday :D
Ti or dye!

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

My mate liked my Helix so much he got his own!

Ti or dye!

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

There's just something about the look of a Ti bike with deep carbon rims... that combo is definitely on my bucket list of bikes to own!

Absolutely gorgeous bike. My only recommendation is going with a wireless cyclecomputer, and that's just me knit-picking.