Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

domg13

by domg13

Really liking the hint of blue on the enve's

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Very nice. I personally think it looks better with the Lightweights with their white spokes and low profile, but it's your bike and what matters most is your happiness in riding it.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Agreed, it just looks too good with the Ventoux!

pje0713

by pje0713

prendrefeu wrote:Very nice. I personally think it looks better with the Lightweights with their white spokes and low profile, but it's your bike and what matters most is your happiness in riding it.

I was going to say a similar thing about how the red on the CK hubs laced to the Enves are picked up in the touches of red on the saddle rails, rear derailleur, and shift levers.

But I agree about the Lightweights. I don't usually love the white spokes, but they work well here!

It's nice to have options! Awesome that you can go either way and still look so good! 8)

Congrats! Enjoy!

brownie3

by brownie3

thanks for the positive reactions!

this machine will essentially be used in French and Austrian Cyclosportives such as Marmotte and Otztal Radmaraton

first test some days ago in the Belgian Ardennes (165km and 2800m uphill) with the enves was a success; ride was not too harsh, braking power was more than fair enough and the bottom bracket stiffness felt as good as my previous s-works SL3 tarmac;

the bike had a lot of succes with the other participants, or was it just the 'zooming noise' of those massive carbon clincher wheels...? ;-)

in resume, I'm very happy with it and this kind of timeless paintscheme is what I was looking for at Specialized since the time that scott came up with their stealthy black addict R1 version (2008)

locktopus

by locktopus

I've really started to like black frames with simple white lettering. It's simple without being "murdered out" or "stealth".

The LW look perfect, but the touch of colour on the Enve's is interesting. Both versions look f***in' great.

bura

by bura

I do not like Specialized bicycles.
But I like your bike and only with the LW setup. The white spokes look good in combination with the white S-Works logo and white bar tape,saddle.
But I really hate these king size,super-duper "here is your ENVE" stickers on your with no doubt great other wheels.
If these are blue shaded or declared as "smart" I really do not care.
Why is it so difficult to make a great wheel set as already regarded by many cyclists but step over to a new (old) understated trend.
Why not molding a small one placed logo into the rims like AX-Lightness did on their pedal arms of their crank?
This would even underline Enve's self confidence about the quality of their wheels.
Hmmmm... well "less aero" but nobody could sticker that off. And if there are customers who want the "ENNNNVEEEE" look then supply them with twelve!! stickers per wheel so that the message gets to the rest of the world.
Same can be addressed to Zipp, Campagnolo -Reynolds or Easton.
Refreshing "Lightweight" sticker sizes despite other rim dept but the Germans are also on the wrong path with their "new" "MMMMMEILENSTEEEEEIN"
look.
Enjoy your ride.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Lateralus

by Lateralus

Especially with LWs the bike looks extremely nice. Congrats. But if you change your post to MCFK or AX you can easily loose 100 grams, so your bike will end up at even more impressive 5.8 kg :)

kgt

by kgt

Ventoux is the perfect match.

PSM

by PSM

kgt wrote:Ventoux is the perfect match.

+1.

cnbky

by cnbky

Great build, so balanced especially with the LWs

mythical

by mythical

Very nice bike, especially with Lightweights!! Maybe a KMC DLC chain would make it look even better. :thumbup:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Quite a rant there Bura! Just take the white Enve stickers off and switch then for 4 black ones instead and keep it to one sticker per side. Or even better none at all.

The bike looks awesome with the LWs though. Nice job

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pje0713

by pje0713

Bura: at least with the 3.4 enves the stock stickers are black in black. You have to specify to get white, blue, or anything else. So they already essentially do what you suggest, at least with that model.

Stickers can always be removed anyway, regardless of sticker/color policy on any particular model.